Okay, how horrendous is this weather? I think that maybe we should all just stay home tomorrow.
We had a great weekend. A highlight was the high school performance of Cinderella. After the play all the little toddler girls were just entranced by the lead actress, a girl from our church. One of them stood, awestruck, and breathed, “You’re bee–you–tee–full.” Cinderella was gracious and kind and said “You’re beautiful, too.” I was half-charmed and half-tempted to bust in and say, “I bet you’re both smart and strong and funny, too!” But I’ll try to get over it. It was adorable.
Oh, and speaking of princesses, I’ve been teasing my children by singing them a song set to the tune of the Sleeping Beauty song Once Upon a Dream. It goes, “I know you/I carried you once inside my womb. . .” and it never goes farther because they immediately begin groaning and shouting for me to stop-stop-stop!
Here’s what I’ve found for this week:
- Disney’s The Lion King continues at Proctors.
Monday, March 7th:
- At 10:15 am at The Egg, it’s a school group version of Star Trek Live! Sunday’s performance was $16/person. If there are any tickets left, they will sell “school group” performance tickets to regular ol’ citizens, so it might be worth a call.
- At 6:30 pm, it’s Pajamarama at the Bethlehem Public Library.
Tuesday, March 8th:
Wednesday, March 9th:
- Take a Snowshoe Hike from 1-3 pm at Moreau Lake. It’s $2/person, and a limited number of snowshoes are available for rent. Call to register and confirm that all the snow wasn’t washed away in the rain.
- At 1:30 pm, kids can learn about Brazil as part of the World Travelers program at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. It’s free with museum admission, but they ask you to pre-register.
- From 3:30-5 pm, kids 8 and up can learn Reduction Printmaking at the Albany Art Room. This is a class, but you just pay the Open Studio price of $8/hour. Please pre-register.
Thursday, March 10th:
- From 12-1:30 pm there’s a free Albany Symphony Prevue at the Albany Public Library. They have it marked as “adult,” but I’d give it a try and just head for the books if my child got restless.
- The six-week program Explorations in Art continues from 4-5 pm today at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. It’s for elementary school-aged children, and it’s $2 per class. Pre-registration is required.
- From 4-5 pm, it’s Science Matters: Good Vibrations at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library. It’s for grades 3-5, and pre-registration is required.
Friday, March 11th:
- There’s a Bubble Science Workshop at 10:30 am for preschoolers at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. Pre-registration is required, and it’s $2/non-member.
- At 11 am, take a Preschool Picnic at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- There’s a Paper Plane Rally for elementary-school kids and their families at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- Take a Mud Pond Snowshoe Hike from 1-3 pm at Moreau Lake. It’s $2/person, and a limited number of snowshoes are available for rent. Call to register and confirm that all the snow wasn’t washed away in the rain.
- Colonie Center is having a Cabin Fever event from 5:30-7 pm, including a Scavenger Hunt throughout the mall with Radio Disney.
- From 5:30-8:30 pm it’s a Parent Night Out at Candyland in Schenectady. It’s $25 for the first child and $15 for siblings, but you must pre-register.
- The Adirondack Children’s Troupe opens Disney’s Aladdin, Jr. at 7 pm tonight at the Wood Theatre in Glens Falls. Tickets are $12, and there are matinees on Saturday and Sunday as well.
March 6, 2011 1 Comment