I ran a quick errand today. After 5 pm. Wearing only a sweater. And I didn’t have to turn the car’s headlights on. Yippee!
Okay, it seems like sort of a slow week, but if you’re new to the blog, you should know that there are also regularly scheduled events on the What About TODAY? page.
Here’s what I’ve found for this week.
- Disney’s The Lion King continues at Proctors.
Monday, March 14th:
- From 10 am until 12:30 pm, it’s Family Place Workshop at the East Greenbush Public Library. It’s a free program for caregivers and their children ages 18 months to 3 years. Pre-register.
Tuesday, March 15th:
- From 11 am to 2 pm it’s a “moderate” Red Oak Ridge Snowshoe at Moreau Lake. Call to check conditions. It’s $2/person. There are several scheduled snow shoe hikes at Moreau Lake, but so many are long that I’m not listing them all in the post. Check here if you’d like to go on another day.
- There’s a free, 45-minute concert of Irish music at noon at St. Paul’s Church in Troy.
- Drop into the Albany Public Library at 4 pm to Make a Musical Instrument from recycled material.
- The Times Union and the College of St. Rose are hosting an event for Parents on Cyber-Bullying from 7-8:30 pm at Saint Rose. It’s free, although it’s a good idea to register. There’s more information from the TU’s Parent to Parent blog.
Wednesday, March 16th:
- At 10 am, it’s a Preschool Storytime at the Rensselaer County Historical Society. The theme is St. Patrick’s Day. Call to register, and it’s $5/person.
- Kids ages 6 and up can make Paste Paper with Ellen Crane at the Albany Art Room from 3:30-4:30 pm. It’s just the regular open studio price of $8/hour, but contact them to ensure they have enough materials.
- From 3:30-4:30 it’s the Cooking Around the World program at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Ages 5 and up, pre-register, and it’s $10/non-member.
Thursday, March 17th:
- From 11 am until noon it’s Little Wonders of Science: Cat in the Hat There’s No Place Like Space at the Schenectady Museum. It’s free with admission, but call ahead to reserve a place and a free book to take home.
- At 7 pm it’s the last Moonlight Ski scheduled for the season by Clifton Park. Let’s hope it’s changed to a hike due to a complete lack of snow.
Friday, March 18th:
- From 10 am until noon, it’s an Eagle Watch at Moreau Lake State Park. $2/person, please call to check conditions and see if you need to bring or rent snowshoes. And bring binoculars!
- Kids ages 0 to 4 can participate in a free Music Together Demo at 10:30 am at the Albany Public Library.
- It’s Art Night Schenectady from 5-9 pm.
- The Junior League’s American Girl Fashion Show is 6:30 pm tonight as well as twice on Saturday. Tickets are $35. See the TU’s Parent to Parent blog for details.
- Shenendehowa High School’s musical, Babes in Arms, is playing tonight and through the weekend at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $12.
I have to confess that the flowers on the top of the post are a lie. I haven’t seen any flowers yet. This morning I was all excited that the snow melt had caused a delightfully rushing stream, so I took a picture.
And then I took a look at it when I got home, and it was so freakin’ depressing. Just so brown. And so much snow. I didn’t have the heart to leave it at that. So I had to go to just grub up an old picture that seemed more like spring.
March 13, 2011 No Comments