I forget, every year, the sheer exhaustion in springtime from shifting over to all of that playing outside. I thought that the girls were going to drop into their macaroni & cheese tonight at dinner. Here’s what I’ve found for this week:
Monday, March 21st:
- From 10 am to 12:30 pm, it’s 1, 2, 3, Play with Me for children 18 months to 3 years and their parents or caregivers at the East Greenbush Public Library.
- There’s a Spring Overlook Hike at Moreau Lake from 11 am to 1 pm. It’s $2/person.
- BirthNet and the Saratoga Women’s Fest are presenting The (Local) Business of Being Born at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 6-8:30 pm. They’ll have a panel discussion to follow a showing of The Business of Being Born. It’s free.
Tuesday, March 22nd:
- From 5:30-8 pm, the Albany Jewish Community Center is having a Purim Festival. It’s free.
- From 6-6:45 pm, it’s the first of three Tuesday sessions learning Baby Massage with your teensy baby (up to 6 months) at the Saratoga Springs Public Library.
- It’s Pajamarama at 6:30 pm at the Bethlehem Public Library.
Wednesday, March 23rd:
- Take a Spring Overlook Hike from 10 am until 12:30 pm at Moreau Lake. It’s $2/person.
- At 3:30 pm, it’s T is for Turtle at the Children’s Museum of Science & Technology. This program is for kids ages 2 to 5. Pre-registration is required, and it’s $2/non-member.
- At 6:30 pm, there’s a free Jazz Concert at Albany’s Bach Branch Library.
Thursday, March 24th:
- Drop in for a Family Storytime at 11 am at the East Greenbush Public Library.
- At 12:30 it’s another hike at Moreau. $2/person.
- From 3:30-4:30 pm, it’s the first in a new series of parent workshops at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Admission is $15 for a grown-up and one child 18 months old or older, and they’ll provide childcare. Today’s workshop is on multiple intelligences.
Friday, March 25th:
- Starting at 10 am today and through the weekend, it’s the annual Garden and Flower Show at Hudson Valley Community College. It’s $10 at the door, kids 15 and under free.
- Go on an Eagle Watch at 10 am at Moreau Lake. Program fee of $2/person.
- It’s Troy Night Out from 5-9 pm, with special kid-oriented activities at the Capital Region Center for the Arts. The main website isn’t updated, so I haven’t been able to confirm, yet, if it’s an entire kid-themed event.
- A reader reports that the Niskayuna Girl Scouts are holding a Juliette Low Nickel Carnival at Craig Elementary School from 6:30-8:30 pm. No admission, and games cost a nickel.
- At 7 pm, find out Is it Spring? with a walk outside at Five Rivers.
March 20, 2011 1 Comment