Wondering what’s up with Central Park’s Tiny Tot Land?Â Here’s an update.Â Meanwhile, here’s what’s going on this weekend:
- Annie Get Your Gun continues at the Park Playhouse most nights at 8 pm.
- For BBQ fans, this weekend is the Troy Pig Out on Saturday and Sunday.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church in Schenectady has its Festa, including food, music, and rides.
Friday evening, July 16th:
- Itâ€™s Art Night in Schenectady from 5-9 pm.
- Saratoga Children’s Theater is showing Annie at 7 pm.
- Theyâ€™re doing a Star Watch at 8:30 pm at Cherry Plain State Park.
Saturday, July 17th:
- There’s a Children’s Triathlon at Grafton Lakes State Park at 9 am.
- For kids 8 and up, there’s a 10 amÂ Dream Catcher Workshop at Thacher Nature Center.Â Call to sign up, and it’s $5/person.
- At 10:30 am, 3- to 5-year-olds can learn about rockets at Little Wonders of Science at the Schenectady Museum.Â Pre-register.
- Kids can watch a free children’s opera of Jack and the Beanstalk at 11 am at Crandall Public Library.Â Sign up is required.
- At 1 pm, kids 5 and up can learn the Science of Ice Cream at the Children’s Museum of Science & Technology.Â Pre-registration is required and it’s $2 for non-members.
- At 2:30 pm, Bethlehem Public Library will have Oh la la!, a bilingual French-English story time for kids 6 and under.
- In Malta, there’s a Concert and Rodeo for the Cure to benefit breast cancer research.Â $50/adults, $30/kids.
- From 6-8:30 pm, the Powers Park Concert Series in Troy will include a Neil Diamond Tribute.
- Go Star Gazing at Thacher Nature Center at 9 pm.
Sunday, July 18th:
- From 11 am to 4 pm, it’s Open House at the Saratoga Race Track.
- It’s GE Kids Day at the Empire State Plaza in Albany from noon to 5 pm.
- It’s Youth Day at the Glens Falls Elks Club.Â Free, from 1-4 pm.
- There’s an Old Time German Day Picnic in Albany from 1-7 pm.Â $3/adult, kids free.
- At 1 pm, plant lovers can learn more about plants to attract butterflies at Thacher Nature Center–this is free, seems a bit grown-up-focused.
- From 1-3:30 pm, it’s Irish Day at the National Museum of Dance in Saratoga.Â Irish music, food, and plenty of dance.Â Reservations recommended and it’s $5/person.
- It’s Polish Family Day from 2-7 pm in Albany (it’s near-ish Crossgates).
- The Red Stick Ramblers are playing at Central Park at 7 pm.