Alright, here’s what I’ve found for this week:
- They’re celebrating an Apple Festival at the Children’s Museum of Saratoga. They don’t have the information on the website, but according to their email, all of the regular events, like Story Art, Wiggle & Giggle, and others are apple-themed. On Wednesday from noon to 3 pm, there’s an Apple Taste Test; pre-registration required, and it’s $2/child.
Monday, September 12th:
- The Delmar La Leche League is meeting at 9:30 am at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- Make a Terrific Twig Vase at Saratoga Spa State Park from 11 am until 12:30 pm. Register; it’s appropriate for ages 4 and up and it’s $3/person or $5/family. Bring a glass jar.
- Take a Moreau Overlook Hike at Moreau Lake State Park from 5-7 pm. Fair warning: it’s described as “challenging.”
Tuesday, September 13th:
- At Pottery Barn Kids you’re invited to Read Along with Curious George at 10 am.
- From 6:30-8:30 pm, kids ages 3 to 8 can drop in for Apples, Apples at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library. Sing and read about apples, then make some applesauce.
- Take a Full Moon Hike at Moreau Lake State Park from 7-9 pm.
Wednesday, September 14th:
- At 10 am, kids up to age 6 and their families are invited to Say NO to Germs with Scrubby Bear at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- Take the Red Oak Ridge Hike from 10 am to 12:30 pm at Moreau Lake State Park.
- At 7 pm, kids up to age 6 and their families are invited to Pajamarama at the Bethlehem Public Library.
Thursday, September 15th:
- After being closed for renovations, there’s a hands-on science class at 10:30 am for ages 2 to 5 called F is for Fall at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology.Â $2/non-member. Pre-register.
- From 1-3:30 pm, you can go on a Sherman Island Kayak Trip at Moreau Lake State Park. Kayaks are available to rent on a limited basis.
- There’s a Grandparents’ Gala at 4 pm at the Colonie Public Library. Pre-register.
- From 7-8 pm at the main branch of the Albany Public Library, children ages 3 to 13 are invited to Lights, Camera, Literacy with the Albany Tulip Queen and her court. Call to pre-register.
Friday, September 16th:
- Pam (previously of Barnes & Noble) is doing her first story hour at Open Door Bookstore at 9:30 am.
- At 11 am, preschool kids can watch a film and do an activity as part ofÂ Preschool Picnic at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- From 12-1 pm at the Albany Public Library,there’s an Albany Symphony Prevue.
- Thereâ€™s a Saratoga Civil War Encampment begins with set-up starting at 3 pm today and continues through the weekend in Congress Park.
- It’s Art Night Schenectady from 5-9 pm.
- The Irish 2000 Music & Arts Festival begins at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds at 5 pm Friday and continues on Saturday.
- It’s St. Gabriel’s Church’s 4th Annual Fall Festival begins at 5 pm today and continues through the weekend in Schenectady.
- From 6-8 pm, it’s Garage Bands in the Garage at the Albany Public Library.