We ended up going to Cella Bistro last night.Â Mmmmmm. . . wild mushroom salad.Â Super tasty.Â Today was the first day that I really felt like spring was around the corner.Â The girls must have spent 2 hours playing in the backyard.
Cute husband’s working for the rest of the day (on a Sunday!Â I know!), so I’ve barely scraped this post together–alas, no witty prose for you.Â There are also a few different fun theater events coming up, so I’ll be posting about them sometime this week.Â Â I also noticed, while I was poking around and looking for fun for you, that Tumbling Tykes is offering classes for the toddler/early preschool set in Clifton Park in March.
Meanwhile, here’s what else is going on:
Monday, February 22nd
- The Little Book House at Stuyvesant Plaza has a Storytime at 11 am.
- At the Mont Pleasant Branch Library, they’re celebrating Chinese New Year with teens at 3:30 pm and for elementary school kids at 4:15 pm.
Tuesday, February 23rd
- The Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library has a drop-in Storytime for 4- to 6-year-olds at 10:15 am or 1:15 pm
- The Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library has a Pajama Storytime at 5:45 pm or 6:30 pm.
- At 6:30 pm, there’s a Pajama Storytime at the Niskayuna Branch Library.
- The Bethlehem Public Library has Pajama-Rama at 7 pm. It’s designed for kids 3 to 6.
- The Albany Jewish Community Center has their Annual Purim Carnival from 5:30-8 pm. They’ll also have information about their summer camp.
Wednesday, February 24th
- At 10 am there’s a Storytime at the Quaker Street Branch Library.
- Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library has a Storytime for 2- and 3-year-olds at 10:30 am.
- Moreau Lake State Park has a Snowshoe Hike to Potter’s Point from 1 to 4 pm.
- The Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library has a Storytime for 3- to 6-year-olds at 1:15 pm.
Thursday, February 25th
- The Schenectady Museum’s FETCH! Lab is Float My Boat. It’s from 2:30-4 pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Free with museum admission
- Moreau Lake State Park has a Hudson River Eagle Watch from 10 am to noon.
- At 10:30 am, there’s a Family Storytime at Schenectady’s main branch.
- Saratoga Spa State Park has a Preschool Naturalists program at 11 am. It’s $3 per child or $5/family, and you have to register.
- The Duane Branch Library has a Chinese New Year Celebration for kids in grades 6 to 10 at 3:30 pm and for elementary school kids at 4:15 pm.
- The Barnes and Noble in Niskayuna has a Teen Book Club at 7 pm.
Friday, February 26th
- There’s a Porcupine Dine Snowshoe Hike at Moreau Lake State Park at 10 am.
- Doktor Kaboom! is at the Palace Theatre at 10:30 am. I’m a liar.Â It’s next month.Â But you can get a group together now to go for the discount, so it’s not a total loss, right?
- At 10:30 am there’s a Family Storytime at the Scotia Branch Library.
- There’s a Lions and Lambs Storytime at the Colonie Center Barnes & Noble at 11 am.
- At Schodack Island State Park, there’s night ice skating until 8 pm.
Know about some other fun going on in the Capital District?Â We’d all love to hear about it.