Today as I was putting J to bed and saying something sensible like, “It’s awfully late, so I think that you should just turn off your light and go to sleep,” J sighed. Exasperated. And said, “Oh, Mom! You’re so . . . mom-ish.” Well, yeah. It’s another somewhat slow week, I’ve gotta say. Everyone’s shifting from summer to school year. Now’s a great time to check your local library for registered story times. Some of these fill up quickly, and they’re FREE and a great way to find other local parents and extra-little kids.
If you or someone you know work at or with an organization that’s doing fun/interesting/enriching stuff that people should know about, do us all a favor, will you, and list yourself for free on KidsOutAndAbout. If you need help, I’ll totally help you! I’m not even kidding. Seriously, it would be less work for me and more information for you and everyone else. Thank-you-very-much.
Here’s what I’ve got for this week:
- MESSY MONDAY!Â at The Wonder Room
Grandparents’ Day at the Bethlehem Public Library
- The Music Studio – Open House Event
- Tuesday for Tots at The Children’s Museum at Saratoga
- Support Group Meeting for ICAN of the Capital District
- Pajama-Rama at the Bethlehem Public Library
- Rain or Shine. . . It’s Reading Time at the New York State Museum
- Sling Babies Meeting – Saratoga Springs Library
- Preschool Movies at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
- I happen to know that there’s going to be a giant boot-on-wheels outside the LL Bean at Colonie Center, along with folks to give you outdoorsy tips and possible giveaways. Not even kidding.
- PB & J (Pine Bush & Jammies) Storytime at Albany Pine Bush
- Irish 2000 Festival
- The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life at Mine Kill State Park