I was looking for information about local collection sites for hurricane relief, and beyond Mamatoga who has a big list of donationÂ drop-off locations listed for the Saratoga area, I didn’t find too much. But here’s what I did find.
- There’s a drop-off site in Guilderland with details on the TU’s Guilderland blog.
- The First Reformed Church of Schenectady is collecting new socks, new underwear and towels for residents of Staten Island on Sundays from 9-12 or weekdays 9-3, or by arrangement if you call Rev. Stacey Midge at 518-533-8000.
- YNN’s blog also has a list of drop-off centers as well.
- WNYC has a great list of volunteer opportunities and resources for people located in or nearÂ NYC and New Jersey. I know we’re not there, but since communication is so spotty for some folks, I thought it might be information worth passing along.
- Here’s a link to Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund if you want to donate money.
Please feel free to leave comments with links to other drop-off sites. Comments on FB OR on the blog help, but if you really want to spread the word, both works even better.