Okay, I’m just going to admit it right now: I’m probably going to have missed some fun this weekend.Â Please feel free to add items to comments.Â Generally, I have a list that’s going already, and then I search exhaustively just before I post.Â But, there are shouts of laughter from the hot tub.Â The sun is shining, the water’s blue, and the sea is calling to me.
I’m hoping that you’ll be a little patient with me.Â A little bit is better than nothing, right?Â so here’s enough to ensure that you’ve got the basics covered, at least.
- Saratoga’s All-American Celebration includes a parade on Saturday and a aFmily day from noon to 9 pm at Congress Park on Sunday.
Evening of Friday, July 2nd:
- The Sand Lake Kiwanis Summerfest continues with amusement park rides opening at 11 am and continuing into the evening.
- It’s First Friday in Albany from 5-9 pm.
- It’s First Friday in Ballston Spa from 6-9 pm.Â This includes an outdoor family movie in Wiswall Park once it gets dark.Â This time, it’s Monsters vs. Aliens.
Saturday, July 3rd:
- From 10 am to 2 pm, you can learn about and make your own Corn Husk Doll at Mabee Farm in Schenectady.Â You must register and the cost is $25.Â I’d be interested to see how this goes, especially because I used to get a whole class of kids to make their own corn husk doll and charge a dollar a piece.Â Of course, it didn’t take me 4 hours, so I’m assuming that they’re going to be dropping some major knowledge bombs.Â Or something.
- At 11 am the Pancake Pig will be greeting her public at the Saratoga Springs Barnes & Noble.
- At 2 pm, they’re doing a Family Butterfly Census at Five Rivers. You are supposed to have pre-registered already, but it might be worth a call if you’re interested.
- Learn about Antlions: Ferocious Creatures of the Sand at 11 am at Albany Pine Bush.
- WEQX is hosting Pearl-palooza on Pearl Street in downtown Albany.Â It kicks off at noon with Rusted Root playing at 4:15 pm.
- At 9 am, there’s a program about Herons and Their Kin at Five Rivers.
Sunday, July 4th:
- Starting at 2 pm and continuing into the evening at the Empire State Plaza, it’s Price Chopper’s Fabulous 4th & Fireworks event.Â All Over Albany asked folks to weigh in on the best spots for watching these fireworks, if you’re looking for suggestions.
- There’s a symphony concert in Crandall Park in Glens Falls.