How about this super-fabulous day?Â Did you get to play outside?Â I hope so.
J & I took the Trail-gator over to Schenectady’s Central Park in the morning.Â I’m pleased to report that it is almost completely dried out, at least on the little kids’ side.Â Alas, with joy comes sorrow, and I must tell you that the super-squishy new surface did not fare too well over the winter.Â Sure, many of us saw it coming when little pebbles of rubbery stuff were already crumbling a bit last year, and I was resigned to the pits in the surface underneath the swings.Â But there was also quite a bit of buckling, as if the whole hot-cold expansion-contraction thing was a bit too much for it to handle.Â So now there are little trip-inducing ripples hither, thither, and yon.Â It’s not a big deal, but knowing that Schenectady’s surely as cash-strapped as the next municipality, I hope somebody’s going after the playground company to get a fix or some money back.
In the afternoon, we headed to the school playground because it was simply too beautiful not to play outside.
Anyway, speaking of playgrounds, I’ve been wrestling with exactly how to come up with a good list of Capital District playgrounds. I’ve actually created a list for my moms’ group before, but of course that was just the ones closest to me.Â So I thought that I’d enlist your help in gathering playground information.Â So I’m working on a method for this, and you’ll hear more from me in the next couple of days on this one.
Meanwhile, tomorrow’s St. Patrick’s Day, and Stewart’s is selling 50-cent ice cream cones to anyone wearing green.
But, wait!Â There’s more!Â I’ve been steadily collecting the time- and money-commitment camps for Spring Break, but I have to share what I have so far because the first two camps listed have deadlines for this Friday.Â Â I’ll keep my eye out for more, and if you’ve got some, please do comment or send me an email.
- Register for the Schenectady Museum’s Spring Break Camp by March 19th.
- World Class Gymnastics has a Spring Break Day Camp.Â For boys it’s Tuesday & Thursday from 9 am to noon for $82, for girls it’s Monday, Wednesdy, & Friday in the mornings for $121 or 9 am to 3 pm for $182.Â Half payment is due by March 19th.
- Drama Kids and Kidzart are running a Spring Break Camp together.Â I couldn’t find more information on their website, but they both emailed me.Â Here are details:Â Monday to Friday 9 am to 3:30 pm at Christ’s Church in Guilderland for grades 1-6.Â $210/week.Â 1/2 day, 3 day, and before/after care options available–call either place directly for more information.
- Spring Break programs at the Albany Institute of History & Art.
- There’s a Spring Break Camp at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology in Troy.
- Frozen Ropes has half- and full-daybaseball camp for 6- to 12-year-olds.
Ack!Â So tired!Â Enjoy more wonderful weather tomorrow. . . .