I felt like I needed to update the Theater stuff because I keep hearing about more school plays.Â There are a ton this weekend.Â So, I’ll let you know about the other weekend events tomorrow, but it was pretty much unmanageable to try to get it all in one ginormous post.
I’d share some clever prose with you, but my sweet husband is working his way through some Tostitos and bean dip, so I’ve got to jump in their before there’s nothing left but crumbs and gas!
Theater around the area:
- The Palace Theatre has Doktor Kaboom! on March 26th (sold out) and Playhouse Disney Live! on April 3rd.
- The Lake George Opera is still presenting The Three Little Pigs.Â They’ll be at the First United Presbyterian Church in Troy on Friday night, and at the Wood Theater in Glens Falls on Saturday at 11 am.Â These shows are free, people.Â FREE!
- Confetti Stage is performing The Boxcar Children at Albany Masonic Hall March 26-28 (scroll down on the home page for details).
- At The Egg, Justin Roberts will be singing on Sunday, April 11th, and the New York Theatre Ballet will be dancing Sleeping Beauty on Sunday, April 18th–it’s a performance designed for kids.Â They’ve also got A Year with Frog and Toad showing on March 15th–there’s no option to purchase for this one online, since it’s a school group performance, but any group can purchase tickets to performances like these, so if you’d like to go, get your group together quick:Â there were about 30 seats available.
High School Musicals and other entertainment by students (with special thanks to the new-ish Albany Times Union Student Arts blog, which helped me find many of these):
- At Mohonasen High School, they’re performing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat March 25-28, with a matinee on the 28th at 2:30 pm.Â Tickets are $12/adult, $6/child.
- At Bethlehem High School, Stage 700 will present Once on This Island from March 25-28, with at matinee on the 28th at 2 pm.Â $10/adults, $6/students.
- Hoosick Valley High School students will be performing Suessical March 26-28, with a matinee at 3 pm on the 28th.
- Suessical will also be playing at the Scotia-Glenville High School March 26-28 with matinee at 2 pm on Sunday.Â $10/adults, $8/students.Â Their school link was broken when I tried it, so I linked to the Visit Scotia blog which, if you’re near Scotia, you probably want to know about anyway.
- South Glens Falls High School will have evening performances of 42nd Street March 26-28.
- Galway High School students will be performing Fiddler on the Roof on Saturday at 7 pm and on Sunday at 2 pm.Â $7/adults, $5/students.
- Albany School of Humanities students will be presenting A Night with Disney at 7 pm on March 26th & 27th.Â $4/adults, $2/students, kids 5 and under free.
- At Voorheesville High, they’ll be performing Bye Bye Birdie at 7:15 pm on Friday & Saturday, and at 2:15 pm on Sunday.Â $10/adults, $8/kids.
- The Ariel Players of Troy High School will be performing Once Upon a Mattress on Friday & Saturday night at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $6.
- On Saturday March 27th, the Albany High School orchestra will perform a free concert at 4 pm at Hackett Middle School.