We’re very excited at our house, because we’re leaving for Jiminy Peak on Sunday. We went on the same trip last year, too.Â Which somehow feels like a million years ago, not just because it was warm and rainy for that trip, but becauseÂ I’d just recently started the blog. I created the Capital District Fun Facebook Page while I was on that trip. I was so nervous about it, but my friends pressured me into it urged me on. So I created it and immediately passed the computer to my friend so she could “fan” me and I wouldn’t look too pathetic!
Here’s what I found for this weekend. Please tell me if I’ve missed things! I was working more distracted than usual. I fear that once I’ve gotten some sleep I’ll be kicking myself about forgetting something great.
- Troy Acting Guild presents Camp Rock: The Musical all weekend. $8/adult, $5/child.
- Maple Avenue Middle School in Saratoga is presenting Beauty & the Beast through the weekend. Tickets are $5/person.
Evening of Friday, February 11th:
- It’s a Family Fun Night at Colonie Center Mall from 5-8 pm. There’s a Meet-and-Greet with folks from the Albany Devils.
- There’s a Valentine’s Parents’ Night Out at Tumbling Tykes from 5:30-8:30 pm. It’s $25/first child & $15/additional sibling.
- At Rotterdam Square Mall, there’s a Valentine’s Day-themed Kids Club in the food court from 7-8:30 pm.
Saturday, February 12th:
- It’s Winterfest in Clifton Park all day.
- Check out some Winter Birdlife at 9 am at Five Rivers.
- At 10 am there’s a Family Snowshoe Hike in Rensselaer Land Trust‘s newest preserve. It’s free, but you should call as soon as possible to reserve.
- Take a Snowshoe Walk at Thacher at 10 am. Call to register (snowshoes available for rent).
- Play Valentine’s Day Bingo at Bethlehem Public Library at 11 am.
- Do some art and turn Trash to Treasure at the NY State Museum from 1-3 pm. This is a free, drop-in program.
- Learn to Ice Fish at 1 pm at Moreau Lake.
- At 2 pm, there’s a Live Mammal program at Five Rivers, but the deadline, alas, was Wednesday. I’m listing it in case you want to call and beg.
Sunday, February 13th:
- Kids ages 2-5 can learn about Love Bugs at 11 am at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. Pre-registration is required, and it’s $2/non-member.
- Discover the Pine Bush at 1 pm. It’s $3/person, $5/family.
- At 2 pm, Schenectady Theater for Children is presenting Theodore Roosevelt at the Rotterdam Square Mall. Appropriate for ages 14 and up. $5/kid, adults free.
- From 4-5:15 pm, there’s a Family Dance in Delmar. It’s a suggested donation of $5/adult, $1/child. They’re getting ready for the Dance Flurry coming up next weekend!
- At 4 pm, it’s Albany Pro Musica‘s High School Choralfest XI at Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. Tickets are $7.