That’s right, baby!Â All of those seasonal fried-food-and-ice-cream places are gearing up!Â Bring it. . . . b-r-i-n-g. . . i-t!
- The Control Tower on Route 7 opens Monday, March 15th.Â Although I resent the new go carts and high prices, I love me a Chicken Caesar Wrap.
- Kurver Kreme on Central Avenue opens Monday, March 15th.Â Always yummy, always crowded.
- Jumpin’ Jacks in Scotia opens Thursday March 25th.Â Ah, an institution!Â Better onion rings than CT, I think.Â Also, the hill next to the dining area is a great place for finding milkweed plants and caterpillars.
- Bumpy’s Polar Freeze, which is on 2013 State Street, is likely to open for the last week of March.Â The poor man–I called him within 5 minutes of his walking into the joint for the first time to get ready for the season.Â They don’t have a website, so you can call 395-3314 to see if they’re available.
- I called Curry Freeze in Rotterdam, but I haven’t heard back yet and they’re opening on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th.Â They’ve got a swing set, too.
- I also called The Eatery @ Rte. Fore in East Greenbush, but. . . they’re open year-round!Â How very awkward that was!
- Long after this post went up, a friend suggested the Country Drive-in on Vischer Ferry Road in Clifton Park for basic outdoorsy fare.
If this post has gotten you into the mood for ice cream, check out All Over Albany’s Ice Cream Tour of the area.Â More blogginess: Momxchange talks Emack & Bolio’s for Birthdays, Albany Kid reviews Lickety Split in East Greenbush, Albany Eats suggests biking to Snowman in Troy, the Cone Zone in Guilderland is Examined.
So, what’s your favorite place to go for ice cream or fried whatever in the summertime?