Another busy weekend.Â Here’s some of what’s going on:
- The Saratoga County Fair in Ballston Spa continues through Sunday.
- Landis Arboretum is hosting a Music Festival from 2 pm ’til dark on Saturday and Sunday. It’s $10/adult, kids free.
- The Falcon Ridge Folk Festival is also this weekend–a bit of a distance, a money/time investment, but I’ve actually been to this one and it is quite fun–you may remember that this was my first camping outing as a new mother.
- On Friday and Saturday nights from 7-11 pm, there’s tons of music as part of the Saratoga’s Hats Off celebration.Â I’d seen this listed, but found it rahwther difficult to navigate around the Saratoga Chamber’s website–lucky for me (and us), Malta Mama gave us a good link.
- The Clifton Park Not-So-Common Players are performing Once Upon a Mattress in Clifton Commons at 7:30 pm from 7/22-7/25.
- The Saratoga Race Track opens on Friday, and the hoopla continues all weekend.Â Â They had fabulous hats at Macy’s when we hit the mall yesterday.Â I am not even remotely stylish enough to wear a festive hat, but they sure made me want to try!
- Am I secretly hoping, unlike all of the track enthusiasts and Saratoga boosters, that it will rain this weekend? Â Oh yes I am.Â Just long enough for me to go see Ramona and Beezus!
Evening of Friday, July 23rd:
- Oooops!Â I missed that from 10 am to 4 pm it’s the Adirondack Waterfest at Haviland’s Cove in Glens Falls.
- Itâ€™s Parentsâ€™ Night Out at the Childrenâ€™s Museum at Saratoga from 4-7 pm.Â For $15 per child, you can drop them off and go have yourself a date!Â Pre-registration and pre-payment is required.
- Kyle Miller will be playing from 5-6 pm at the Arbor Hill-West Hill Library as part of the Albany Public Library‘s Acoustic Sidewalk series.
- The Ron Cremisio Band is playing at Canal Square in Cohoes at 6:30 pm.
Saturday, July 24th:
- At 10 am, get an up-close look at amphibians and reptiles at Thacher Nature Center.
- Learn to fish on a Guided Fishing Trip from 10 am to noon at Moreau Lake State Park.Â The cost is $15–call for details.
- There’s a Garden Workshop from 10:30-11:30 am at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga.Â It’s free with admission.
- It’s a bit of a drive (north), but the Washington County Farm Museum on the fairgrounds is having a Family Fun Day from 11 am to 3 pm.Â The theme is Mother Goose–I’d call to double check prices:Â all of the ticketing information is set up for the fair itself in August.
- From 11 am to 1 pm, the Milk Mustache tour will be at Crossgates next to Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- From 11 am to 4 pm, they’re doing Military Miniature War Games at the Guilderland Public Library.Â They’ll be reenacting a portion of the Battle of Bull Run, and teens are encouraged to come and bring a bag lunch.
- Blue Hand Luke is playing at 6 pm as part of the Powers Park Series in Troy.
- Chris Shaw and Kevin McKrell will be playing at 7 pm at Freedom Park in Scotia.
Sunday, July 25th:
- Again, it’s a bit of a drive (south this time), but Old Austerlitz Village is having its annual Blueberry Festival from 9 am to 4 pm.Â $6/adult, kids 12 and under free.
- At 1 pm at SPAC, it’s the Summerjam Concert.Â Which I only mention hear because it’s featuring iCarly’s Miranda Cosgrove, if any of you are the parents of tweeny-boppers.Â Although I also have a couple of Natasha Bedingfield’s songs on my MP3 for running, too.
- At 1 pm, learn about Insects of the Albany Pine Bush.Â Pre-registration is required, and it’s $2/person and $5/family.
- Route Fifty 5 will be playing at 7 pm at Freedom Park in Scotia.
- Nona Hendryx will be performing at Music Haven in Schenectady’s Central Park.Â Incidentally, I ran by Tiny Tot Land today and they were ripping up the ground covering in preparation to replace it.