Happy Easter! We had several days of fun, and we haven’t quite recovered yet. Here’s what I’ve found for this week:
- The Gillette Carnival is at the Wilton Mall in Saratoga Springs beginning on Tuesday and continuing through May 1st.
- Visit the Baby Animals at Hancock Shaker Village every day from 10 am to 4 pm. In case this makes you wonder, Baby Animal Days at Indian Ladder Farms begin May 7th.
Monday, April 25th:
- Not much is happening, really.
Tuesday, April 26th:
- At 9:30 am at the Guilderland Public Library, they’re running a program entitled, “This is Not the Life I Imagined: Grief and Coping Skills for Parents, Caregivers, and Educators of Children with Disabilities.” Registration is requested.
- It’s Preschool Naturalists from 2-3:30 pm at Saratoga Spa State Park. Pre-register; it’s $3/person or $5/family.
- Go on a Frog Watch from 7:30-9 pm at Saratoga Spa State Park. Pre-register; it’s $3/person or $5/family. Bring a flashlight.
Wednesday, April 27th:
- Terrapin Puppet Theatre presents “Boats” at The Egg at 10:15 am. Tickets are $6.
- Kids in grades K-2 can make Hot Dips at Guilderland Public Library at 4 pm. Folks from the Honest Weight Food Co-op will help participants make fruit and veggie dips; registration required.
- At the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library, children ages 3-8 can drop in and learn about Wonderful Worms with Diane Payette.
Thursday, April 28th:
- The O!baby Consignment Sale begins today and continues through Saturday.
- Take an informal walk at Five Rivers at 9:45 am.
- Learn about the Science of the Circus at the Schenectady Museum from 4-5:30 pm. Free with admission.
- The Siena College Chamber Orchestra is playing a free concert at 7 pm on campus.
Friday, April 29th:
- At Proctors, there’s a school days production of Beakman on the Brain at 10 am. Recommended for grades 2 to 6. It will be showing again on Saturday.
- From 1-2 pm, it’s a Tree Party for Arbor Day at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga.
- The Bethlehem Children’s School in Slingerlands is celebrating a Greenfest from 3:30-7 pm, including a performance by Ruth Pelham from MusicMobile and other activities.
- It’s Troy Night Out from 5-9 pm.
- The Siena College Chamber Orchestra is playing a free concert at 7 pm at St. Joseph’s Church on State Street. The information’s not on either site, but I got an email about it.
- At 7 pm there’s a family Poetry Slam at the Bethlehem Public Library.