Man, oh, man, I hope that you’re as psyched up about the harvest and the splendors of nature in the fall as everybody else apparently is, because we are pretty much knee-deep in festivals here in the beautiful Capital District. You can get historic or Celtic or artsy or possibly drunk, depending on where your interests lie.
As always, you can click on the days for a more complete list, and you can comment with additions.
All Weekend/Multiple Days:
- It’s The Farmers’ Museum‘s annual Harvest Festival. Click on the museum link to see a review I wrote about it. This is a great destination and well worth the lovely drive to Cooperstown.
- Irish 2000 Festival in Ballston Spa
- Annual Clifton Park Farm Fest (thanks, Bekki)
- Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival 2012 at the Altamont Fair Grounds
- Kids Safety Event! at Old Navy at Mohawk Common
- Public Star Party at Landis Arboretum
- LL Bean’s Bootmobile comes to Colonie Center!
- PB & J (Pine Bush & Jammies) Storytime at Albany Pine Bush
- Preschool Movies at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
- Harvest Faire at Crailo State Historic Site
- ANNUAL FALL FESTIVAL at Five River
- 15th Annual Nature Fest at Moreau Lake State Park
- Indian Ladder Trail Guided Hike at Thacher Park
- Family Fun Day at the New York State Museum
- Saturday Discovery Program: Weaving with Ribbons and Yarn! at the World Awareness Children’s Museum
- Town of Colonie Harvest Fest at the Crossings
- Brilliant and Bristly Buckmoths at Albany Pine Bush
- Screening of Brave to Benefit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer at the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Family Fun Day at Mater Christi Church and School
- Children’s Nutcracker Auditions for the Albany Berkshire Ballet