It was a hectic evening. The girls seemed to want to do everything but homework, then I had Zumba class from 5:30-6:30 pm and Back to School Night for M starting at 6 pm, and J had gymnastics starting at 6:30. We’d lucked out with a carpool for J, and I planned to leave Zumba a bit early and arrive sweaty about 15 or 20 minutes into Back to School Night (same speeches every year). I had a slow cooker meal already done (a very awesome vegetarian African Sweet Potato Stew, although my children might chance the “some” to “full”). M would be on her own for a bit until Cute W arrived home, then she planned to play on the school playground while we were at school. Except that as I rushed off to Zumba class I realized that I’d forgotten the last little touches to the dinner, and I was beginning to remember just how much I sweat at Zumba, so that even as I was driving there, I knew that this was simply too much. I ended up staying for three songs, then returning home to finish off dinner, then managed to make it just as the speeches were ending.
Back to School Night was fine. Tragically, the Thursday Zumba class is going to get dropped because not enough people enrolled. Don’t you all want to do it with me, pretty please? More info. is here.
Multiple Days/All Weekend:
- Adirondack Balloon Festival
- Ninth Annual Fort Ticonderoga Seminar on the American Revolution
- Souvlaki Fest at St. Sophia’s in Albany
- Heroic Corn Maze Adventure at Fort Ticonderoga
- Art Night Schenectady
- Fall Friday Fun! at Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park
- Back to School Skate Party at Rollarama Skating Center, Inc.
- Parents Night Out at Tiny Tots Tea Room
- Open House at Twist ‘N Flip Gymnastics
- HANNAFORD HISPANIC HERITAGE CELEBRATION at the Empire State Plaza
- Saturday in the Park in the Town of East Greenbush
- Carnival Family Fun Day at Dedrick Recreation Park
- Lady Bug Picnic at Central Park Pavilion in Schenectady
- Autumnal Equinox Campfire Sing-A-Long at Landis Arboretum
- Discovery Hike at Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park
- Millworkers’ Break at Hanford Mills Museum
- 2012 Riverfont Rocktoberfest in Troy NY
- 3rd Annual Pearl Palooza – Pearl Street Music Festival
- Side By Side is at Proctors–not a kids’ movie, but I’m plugging it because my cousin co-produced this, the back of my sister’s and brother-in-law’s heads reportedly make an appearance, and my little brother is listed in the credits for, I think, carrying some heavy stuff somewhere. So Cute W and I are going to the evening show.
- Brilliant and Bristly Buckmoths at Albany Pine Bush
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 5k Run and Kids Run at The Crossings
- Upper Madison Street Fair