One of our favorites these days on the Netflix Instant Queue is Friday Night Lights. Yeah, I know: you watched it years ago. We missed it. And then, we heard people say that it was really good, and so we tried a random episode at some point and it just didn’t click. But then we started from the very beginning and we were hooked. And we’re only about 20 or so episodes into something like 76. So, yay. Anyway, that’s just where I came up with the post title. I have nothing more to say about it.
I’ve once again accumulated links, some of them time-sensitive, and here they are:
- How to Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular at the Times Union Center has a good Groupon–I put it on the Capital District Fun Facebook page.
- I finally caught up and noticed this Psychology Today post that explains how Free Play is Essential for Normal Emotional Development.
- This pure silliness from Jezebel shows a baby who deeply loves the Star Wars theme music.
- Here is a cool Body Image Workshop from Pigtail Pals, all about talking to your kids about being healthy, etc. Incidentally, that Pigtail Pals lady is excellent at working the FB page–she’s always putting interesting stuff into my feed. Actually, I think that’s where I got the Psychology Today link. Anyway, if you’re interested in raising girls and boys in a more gender neutral fashion/mindful parenting/feminist sort of stuff, you might want to like Pigtail Pals.
- On a related note, Amy Poehler makes me love her more each day, like in this Ask Amy episode about How to feel better about our bodies and ourselves. I’ve already raved about Smart Girls at the Party, but I’m just going to link to the Smart Girls Youtube channel again.
- At The Glitter and the Gray, she’s got a Huggies Giveaway running right now.
- Over on All Over Albany, readers are offering a new father-to-be Ob-Gyn and doula recommendations.
- Meanwhile, readers over on the TU’s Parent-to-Parent blog, readers are offering breastfeeding tips.
Anybody broken down and turned their heat on yet? I’m still holding out for now. But my chai consumption has risen considerably. Happy weekend!