First, I had to laugh at this Onion article–how perfect that it actually says it’s from Niskayuna, NY!Â Between this and that news brief they did on period movies, it’s as if they can peer into my Very Soul.
Here’s what’s going on this weekend:
- The Old Songs Festival is at the Altamont Fairgrounds.
- It’s Jazz Fest at SPAC.
- It’s St. Anthony’s Festa in Schenectady:Â food, activities, & a rock wall.
- It’s the DEC’s Free Fishing Weekend. You can fish without a license on Saturday and Sunday at Grafton Lakes or Cherry Plain State Park.
- The Secret Garden continues at the Mac-Haydn Theatre.Â This theatre is a bit of a drive away.
Evening of Friday, June 25th
- Itâ€™s Troy Night Out from 5-9 pm.
- Rob Jonas is playing outside the Pine Hills Branch Library at 5 pm.
Saturday, June 26th
- 10 am to noon Junior Naturalist program on Frogs and Salamanders at Dyken Pond for kids ages 2-10. $3/child or $6/family, pre-registration encouraged
- It’s Art on Lark from 10 am to 5 pm.
- There’s a Native Plant Sale at Thacher from 10 am to 3 pm.
- 10-11 am to noon, they’re kicking off aÂ Summer Book Club for Kids aged 10 to 12 at East Line Books in Clifton Park.Â Actually, they’ve also got writing classes for kids from 2nd grade to teenagers, if you want to check them out.
- 11 am to noon Summer Book Club for Teenagers 13 to 15 at East Line Books in Clifton Park.Â Actually, they’ve also got writing classes for kids from 2nd grade to teenagers, if you want to check them out.
- From 11 am to 3 pm, the Sand Lake Town Library is having a Family Fair.Â A doll parade, a clown, & a bouncy bounce are among the activities.
- From 12-2 pm, there’s an Intro to Fishing for Families at Grafton Lakes State Park.
- 2:30 pm:Â US Soccer vs. Ghana.Â Wherever we happen to be on the road, we will be locating the nearest bar/BBQ place with a tv.Â But if you’re staying local, Wolff’s Biergarten is turning it into a block party.
- You can tie dye at the Albany Art Room from 12-4 pm.Â $5 per item to tie dye.Â Bring your own or purchase items there.
- From 3-7 pm, Little Caesar’s in Guilderland is having a fundraiser for the Westmere Fire Department–kids can tour the firetruck, get goody bags, and more.
- At 6:30 pm, bring a dish to the Full Moon Solstice Hike and Potluck at Dyken Pond.
- Captain Squeeze & Zydeco Moshers are playing at Freedom Park in Scotia at 7 pm.
- They’ll be playing bluegrass in the barn at Mabee Farm from 7-9 pm.
- From 7-9 pm, take a Full Moon Hike at Moreau Lake State Park.
- It’s the Great American Backyard Campout.
Sunday, June 27th
- At 11 am, you can do a Scavenger Hunt at Moreau Lake State Park.
- The Niskayuna JCC is having a Family Park Summerfest from 12-4 pm.Â Pool, bouncy bounce, and more free.
- It’s Family Fun Day at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds from 3-9 pm.Â Free admission.
- The Music Company Orchestra will be playing at Freedom Park in Scotia at 7 pm.
- At 7 pm, the Clifton Park Community Chorus is playing at Clifton Commons Park.
- At 7 pm, Nona Hendryx will be singing in concert at Schenectady’s Central Park.