At our house, the weekend went by way too fast. I’m mildly bitter about it, actually. I’m just in a crappy mood. The girls were treating me quite obnoxiously at dinner. And I have a raging headache. But enough about me! We’ve got the Riverway Storytelling Festival and Earth Day and all sorts of fun this week. And if you feel like it, I posted again on the CBS 6 Blog, too.
All Week Long
- It’s the Riverway Storytelling Festival. This is a great opportunity to hear some great storytelling! There’s a family event every night this week at 6:30 or 7 pm, and more this weekend. If you go, tell us about it!
- At Bethlehem Public Library, they’re playing board games every day after school as part of TV Turn Off week.
Monday, April 19th
- Mont Pleasant Library is doing Teen Fun and Afterschool Fun again.
- At 6:30 pm, they’re having a Singalong at the Bethlehem Public Library. For kids up to 6 and families.
Tuesday, April 20th
- No sign-up is required for the 10:15 am Preschool Storytime at Crandall Public Library.
- They’ve just announced free burritos at both locations at Bombers at lunchtime, but you should plan on giving some money to some friends who need help (details at link).
- At 2:30 pm, there’s Walking Wonders for babies just beginning to walk at Crandall Public Library. Sign up ahead of time.
- At 4 pm, there’s a Young Poets Studio at the Lansingburgh Branch Library. It’s for kids 7 to 12.
- At 6:30 pm at Voorheesville Public Library, they’re doing Family Evening Stories with Miss Amy. It’s for kids preschool to 2nd grade, and registration is requested.
- No sign-up is required for the 7 pm Preschool Storytime at Crandall Public Library.
- At Bethlehem Public Library, it’s Pajamarama from 7-7:30 pm. For kids up to 6 and families.
Wednesday, April 21st
- Guilderland Library is closed today.
- At 4 pm, Stuffee Goes to Mexico! at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Pre-registration required, $15/non-member.
Thursday, April 22nd
- At 10:30 am, there’s an Earth Day Celebration: Seed Scientists at Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. Ages 2+, registration required, it’s $2/non-member.
- Celebrate Earth Day with a Spring Cleanup at Moreau Lake State Park from 1-4 pm.
- At 2 pm, kids can build a bird feeder out of recycled materials at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. It’s free, but space is limited, so sign up ahead.
- Duane Branch Library is doing Teen Fun and Afterschool Fun again.
- At Five Rivers, they’re doing a Woodcock Watch at 7 pm.
- From 7-8 pm, it’s Book Buddies for grades 2-5 and family at the Bethlehem Public Library. Read Carl Hiaason’s Flush and come talk about it.
- Join the Tween Green Team for Earth Day activities at Guilderland Public Library from 7-8 pm. Sign up ahead of time.
- Free Folklife music performance at the Crandall Public Library at 7 pm.
Friday, April 23rd
- Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library is also celebrating TV Turn Off with drop-in Games for kids. Toddler games will be from 10-11 am, and the k-5th grade set can play from 4-5 pm.
- It’s time for Stretching with Stuffee at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga from 10-10:30 am. Free with museum admission.
- Scotia Branch Library has a Storytime for families with kids under 5 at 10:30 am. It’s a drop-in program.
- Take a challenging hike at Moreau Lake State Park at 1 pm.
- From 3-4:30 pm it’s Teen Time at the Bethlehem Public Library. Play Wii, Guitar Hero, and more.
- There’s another Wild, Wacky Woodcock Watch at 6:30 pm at the Albany Pine Bush. Pre-registration required, and it’s $2/person, $5/person.
- Do a Spring Peeper (frogs) Survey at Five Rivers at 7 pm. Bring a flashlight and wear your galoshes!