All right, all right, people have asked for the post enough times that I finally had to suck it up and put it together. Here’s a list of restaurants that do “Kids Eat Free” or something else special for kids. Of course, we’d all love to hear about other great deals.
- Forno Bistro in Saratoga
- At LT’s Grill in Niskayuna, kids under 9 eat free with a parent.
- At McIntyre’s Pub in Watervliet, you can receive one free kid’s meal item per adult entree on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday nights.
- Pancho’s Mexican, which has locations in Colonie & Troy, has 99-cent kid’s meals on Tuesdays. They’ve also got online coupons.
- The Scotia Diner doesn’t have a discount, but a face-painting clown is there on Thursday nights.
National or Regional Chains
- Chipotle just introduced a kid’s menu, and to celebrate, they’re letting kids eat free on Sundays in July. Ummm, why didn’t anyone alert me? At one of the locations, an employee had the vague impression that this offer might be extended (please, please, please?).
- At Denny’s on Wolf Road, kids eat free Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4-10 pm. In East Greenbush, it’s Tuesdays & Saturdays from 4-10 pm.
- Fuddruckers on Wolf Road has free kids night on Thursdays.
- At all IHOPs, kids eat free from 4-10 pm every day, but 1) they have to choose an item from the kids’ menu and 2) it’s only 1 free meal per adult paid-for entree.
- At Moe’s Southwest Grill, kids eat free on Sunday in Clifton Park & on Wolf Road, and on Wednesdays on Central Avenue.
- Local Ninety Nine restaurants generally don’t offer kids eat free nights, except that Rotterdam said that they’d honor the Kids Eat Free offer on days when the Red Sox win.
- At the Pasta Factory on Rte. 7 in Latham, kids eat free on Tuesdays, and in Clifton Park, it’s on Mondays. Mr Twisty is in Clifton Park on Mondays, too. In the past he’s been at Latham on Tuesdays–maybe he’s just taking the summer off? When I called, they said that the official time was from 5:30-7 pm, but I’ve seen free meals served outside those times. . . .
- At Pizza Hut dine-in locations, most do a deal on Tuesday nights: buy an 8-cut pizza for the grown-ups, and 2 kids can each get an individual pizza for themselves. It appears that you can actually order from home on-line just as you’re leaving the house and show up to have pizza ready for you, although you might call ahead–staff had different answers when I asked about this.