It’s actually pretty quiet this week. Part of it is that I need to parse through the various schedules and reconfirm what is unique and what’s a regularly scheduled event for the What About TODAY? page. I also tried to update my Playground List and ran into technical difficulties yesterday. Not to mention that I still haven’t done an apple orchards post. Except, of course, I just mentioned it. So why not go into full-throttle whiner mode and tell you that cute W will be away on business all week long? Yikes. So, just be patient with me, if you would, because I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Here is a picture that has nothing to do with anything, but I happened to notice it on the computer today and it made me giggle:
And here’s what’s going on this week:
Monday the 20th:
- At 9:30 am, the Delmar La Leche League is meeting at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- From 3-6 pm, all the Albany Public Libraries will be having a Back-to-School Open House. Meet the librarians, have a snack, and learn about free tutoring and homework help available. It’s not reflected on the web site, but I received a specific email/press release on this one, so it’s happening.
- At 7 pm, there’s a Diary of a Wimpy Kid party at the Bethlehem Public Library. Sign up is required.
Tuesday the 21st:
- At 10 am they’re taking a hike at Moreau Lake–it’s 3 hours long and labeled moderate (as opposed to easy), so I’d say that this is not one to bring the little kids with you, unless it’s a baby that you’re wearing.
- At 4 pm at the main Albany Public Library, teens can create an art piece that will be part of a professionally curated art show.
Wednesday the 22nd:
- At 6:30 pm, there’s an Apples! Apples! Apples! program for kids 3-8 with performer Diane Payette at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.
Thursday the 23rd:
- At 10 am, take a Kayak Trip with a naturalist at Moreau Lake. Call for details.
- At 11 am, the East Greenbush Library is having a drop-in Family Storytime.
- At 4 pm, it’s the Animangamania Club for grades 6-12 at the East Greenbush Library.
- At 6:30 pm, there’s an information session about the East Greenbush Moms’ Club at the East Greenbush Library.
Friday the 24th: