I know that the regularly scheduled events page is still a mess, but I promise that I’ve been working on it.Â I’ve got a lingering cold and I took a massive 2+ hour nap today (thank you honey) and I’m still sleepy.Â Pathetic.Â Here’s what’s going on this week:
Monday, October 4th:
- Shannon Hayes will discuss her book, Radical Homemakers, at Albany Public Libraryâ€™s Delaware Branch at 5:30 pm.
- At 6:30 pm the Great Sprout Tuck-in is coming to the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.
- There’s Pajamarama at 7 pm at the Bethlehem Public Library.
Tuesday, October 5th:
- Take a Lake Ann Hike at Moreau Lake.Â This is a long one–10 am to 1 pm, so it might be too ambitious for most.
- Yes, it’s a distance, but at the Great Escape Lodge, there’s a Gluten-Free Festival from 3-8 pm.Â $5/adult, $2/students.
- At 4 pm, there’s a Making Masks program at the Niskayuna Public Library for kids in k-5.Â Pre-register.
- At 4 pm, it’s Tiger Tales for kids in grades K-2 at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.Â Registration is required.
- At 6:30 pm, there’s a screening of short films by kids in the area at the WAMC theater.Â Check out the TU Youth Arts blog for details.
- At Colonie Library, there’s a program at 7 pm by the folks from Plimouth Plantation.Â Call to register.
Wednesday, October 6th:
- At 1:15 pm, it’s a Story Time Mix for 3- to 6-year-olds at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library. This is a drop-in program.
Thursday, October 7th:
- You and your kids can be part of a world record if you pledge to read Ezra Keats’ The Snowy Day to them.Â Check out Jumpstart’s Read for the Record for details.Â They’ll also be reading it at 10:30 am at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga.
- At 10:30 am, it’s F is for Fall for 3- to 5-year-olds at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology.Â Pre-register; $2/non-member.
- At 11 am, they’re having an Early Explorers program for preschoolers at Moreau Lake.Â It’s $1/child.
- At 11 am, there’s a Drop in Storytime at the East Greenbush Public Library.
- From 3:30-5 pm, it’s After School Adventurers for kids in grades 1 to 5 at the Albany Pine Bush.Â Pre-registration is required, and it’s $2/child or $5/family.
- At 4 pm, there’s a meeting of the Teen Advisory Group at the East Greenbush Public Library.
- Take a Twilight Kayak from 6-8 pm at Moreau Lake.
- From 6:30-8 pm, it’s the first in a series called Together: Book Talk for Kids and Parents at the Guilderland Public Library.Â It’s for families with kids aged 9-11, and it’s free, including snacks, books and materials, and babysitting for younger siblings!Â Wow, my kids aren’t old enough or I’d totally be jumping on this one!Â Call to register.
- At 7 pm there’s a Children’s Circle Storytime followed by a playtime at the Bethlehem Public Library.Â This program is designed for kids with special needs.
Friday, October 8th: