We stayed in Vermont all day today because there was just Too. Much. Snow. to try to go home.
Here’s what I did instead of ever leaving the house:
- Played a marathon game of Loaded Questions
- Retold and heard stories of the courtship of the various family couples
- With my sister, gave every girl aged 10 and under manis and pedis
- Let J watch some Scooby Doo, then consoled her when she realized that she’d missed the sledding outing because she was so mesmerized by the tv that she didn’t hear the invitation
- Ate cheese, cookies, tacos, macaroni & cheese, beef stew, and more cheese, as well as more cookies
- Did a workout from You Are Your Own Gym, my sister and brother-in-law’s new favorite book (and in fact b.i.l. is ordering it for me right now, because he is Very Kind)
- Let M play outside for what must have been 2 straight hours and only spent about 15 minutes of it actively fretting about frostbite
- Listened to some records from a real turntable
- Watched many other people play Kinect for Xbox without being the least bit tempted–I’m just not a video game girl
- Drank about 5 glasses of wine
- Allowed the girls to stay up way too late
- Wrote a blog post, but just barely
Hope everyone else has enjoyed the snow day!