Wow, that’s some serious snow.Â The girls were doing all of their bring-on-a-snow-day superstitions, which seemed a little. . . unnecessary. But we’ll see.
I think that this is my last Detox Dip, and it’s Black Bean and Corn Dip. This is a variation of my sister’s recipe, although I don’t know where she came up with it. I love this dip because it’s amazingly flexible. It’s excellent on a scoopy tortilla chip, but you can also just call it a salad and eat it plain, or heat it up and throw it into a tortilla as a meal. This is one of my go-to potluck items, too. The recipe is pretty big, and since it’s vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free, you can present it to a large and varied group of people without guilt or fear. Plus, it’s pretty (unlike some dips I’ve shared).
Black Bean and Corn Dip
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans corn (we prefer white corn), drained
- 1 medium Bermuda (red) onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1-2 t. cumin
- 1 t. chili powder
- pinch cayenne
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste, usually Â½ to 1 bunch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix first four ingredients together.
- Add the remaining ingredients (starting with lime juice), varying the amounts according to what you like.