I know that I’ve been offering up detox dips, but in honor of the upcoming Super Bowl, I thought I’d share our favorite party dip, from my friend J. It is toxic, health-wise, but supremely delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package cream cheese (we usually get the 1/3 less fat stuff)
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 bottle Frank’s Buffalo Sauce or Frank’s Hot Sauce (we usually get the one that says “wings” on it specifically, but either is fine)
- 1 (13 oz.) jar of refrigerated blue cheese dressing (we usually use reduced fat for this, too)
- 1 (8 oz.) package of shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the chicken in a pan or on grill.
- While the chicken is cooling, take the cream cheese and spread it on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Shred the chicken into the hot sauce and pour over the cream cheese.
- Put the blue cheese dressing on top of the chicken, then top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake @ 350 for about 15-20 minutes
Great with tortilla chips. Or, to mitigate the damage, serve with carrots and celery sticks.
Oh! I also wanted to pass along a couple of interesting blog posts–sorry that I didn’t get them to you sooner.
The TU’s Parent-to-Parent Blog has a Lion King & Friendly’s Dinner Giveaway. You have to enter before 5 pm today (Friday).
Malta Mama is in the throes of preschool shopping. If you’re looking, too, and live near her, check out her blog post with the scoop on open houses and such.