The girls and I watched the red carpet a bit. Lots of pretty dresses. Their most common criticism was, as M put it, “Too boobish.”
For example, regarding Jennifer Lopez, M said, “The dress is pretty, but I’d like it better if she had an undershirt. . . Maybe a light blue undershirt, so she wasn’t so . . . exposed?”
Of course, over-dressing was not appreciated, either. Glenn Close was wearing a blazer sort of thing, and J immediately pounced, “I don’t like the coat.” But M defended her with: “Well, she’s an old lady, so for an old lady that’s pretty good.” Ugh. That’s a painful compliment.
Oh, oh, oh! It’s off-topic, but have I ever told you my worst compliments ever? There were three, but I can only remember two:
- Once, when I was walking to the YMCA in Brooklyn, a random guy tried to hit on me with, “I need to lose some weight, too. Maybe we can work out together?” Umm, no.
- Back in college, Cute W once said, “Your elbows feel just like my Grandma’s.” Yeah, I pointed out his error. But clearly it wasn’t a deal-breaker.
Just a reminder: click on the day for a list of several items, and I pulled out a few extras here and there just as a sample.
- Preschool Open House at Niskayuna CoPreschool
- free Wind Orchestra Concert
- Legally Blond at Cohoes Music Hall (through the weekend)
- Movies: CELEBRATE SEUSS!-op Nursery School at Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
- First Friday Hike: Spring is Coming! at Albany Pine Bush
- Homespun DELMAR Barn Dance
Hey, this Saturday, I’m going to be at Hannaford Kidz Expo 2012 at the Empire State Plaza with Deb and June from KidsOutAndAbout.com! Stop by and see us!