Yesterday I spent the morning in a frenzy of gathering leaves, running plastic play dishes through the dishwasher, and scrubbing down everything in the general vicinity of the playhouse to try to rid ourselves of whatever’s bugging J. Just as I finished up, the snow started swirling. When the girls arrived from school, they put on their snow clothes and rushed outside to play. First order of business?
Eating snow off the playhouse roof! Good thing I scrubbed it.
Incidentally, J’s rash is almost completely gone! Apparently the Silkwood Shower Treatment that I instituted was effective. And yes, it was a gentle shower. I even let her use my special leave-in conditioner to make her think it was a spa. And if you’re sick and tired of hearing about it, I am too. We’re done with it!
Hooray for a snow day! I was unmotivated, but my friends dragged us out for some sledding at the Schenectady Municipal Golf Course, and I was so glad. Everyone had a wonderful time!
Remember my Embrace Winter! page to find snow-friendly fun to take advantage of the snow while it lasts.
On to the weekend! Remember, click the days for a more complete list of events, and I’ve put a few here to call attention to whatever seems extra fun/useful/informative:
All Weekend: Okay, I completely forgot about Thoroughly Modern Millie at Niskayuna High School this weekend. Their schedule’s a little nutty due to snow, so check the district homepage for the latest info.
- Deb will be on the Noon News on Channel 13 talking about the Hannaford Kidz Expo
- Preschool Movies: CELEBRATE SEUSS! at Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
- Homespun DELMAR Barn Dance
- Celtic Jam ’12 with the Scotia-Glenville Pipe Band
- Hannaford Kidz Expo 2012 at the Empire State Plaza Come see me! I will give you a lovely laundry flowchart and some KidsOutAndAbout.com lip balm and I am so not kidding! It runs from 10 am until 5 pm and it is free with tons-tons-tons of activities. Insider tip: it can get a little zoo-like, but it quiets down in the afternoon. So if it’s not Sacred Nap Time, scoot out in the afternoon, have dinner out on your way home, and maybe the kids will be fast asleep by the time you’ve reached your driveway! The late afternoon will also feature special guest appearances by M, J, & Cute W if you time it just right.
- Full Moon Snowshoe Hike at Grafton Lakes State Park at Grafton Lakes State Park Possibly your only chance to do this this year!
- Farmer-Consumer Community Supported Agriculture Fair at FUUSA in Albany. Considering a CSA? This is a great opportunity to gather information!
- Screening of The Muppets to Benefit The American Cancer Society at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences $2!