Hey! Sorry this post is late, but we were at the circus. I’ve already promised that I’ll post a review on the KidsOutAndAbout.com Facebook page tomorrow, and hopefully I’ll have a special reader review over here on Capital District Fun, too.
Is anyone else excited about the rapidly expanding food options around here? Personally, I think that the whole ShopRite hullaballoo was a bit of a bust (except for their yummy artichoke salad). But have you heard that the Cheese Traveler is opening shop in Albany? Check out the All Over Albany post. And Whole Foods is coming to Colonie Center–here’s the Times Union article. Closer to home for me, I found out that my church in Schenectady is the newest location for food swaps with the From Scratch Club. I am both intrigued and intimidated.
Okay! Down to business. Here’s a bunch of stuff that’s going on, and you can click on each day for the complete list o’ options. There’s fun to be had, people! Also, the weather’s improving, I think. So yay.
- Adirondack Adventure Festival
- 2012 Baby Animal Days at Indian Ladder Farms
- Grand Opening of New Attraction! at FunPlex Fun Park in East Greenbush
- GF Community Theater Presents: The Diary of Anne Frank at Wood Theater
- Hair at Cohoes Music Hall
- Celebrate Star Wars! It’s May the Fourth Day.
- Pre-School Story Hour with Pam at the Open Door Bookstore
- Family Fun: Snipe Hunt at 5 Rivers
- 1st Friday Of Albany
- Girls Night In at Tiny Tots Tea Room
- It’s I Love My Park Day throughout New York State. Help maintain your favorite local park!
- It’s also Cinco de Mayo! There’s a Fiesta De Cinco De Mayo, ages 5 and up at Different Drummer’s Kitchen Co. (cost is $45, which does not include margaritas)
- Don’t forget the Kentucky Derby: here’s an AOA post on local destinations for watching
- Kids’ Exchange 2012 Spring Consignment Sale
- Guided Hike at Up Yonda Farm
- Woodmen’s Show at Hanford Mills Museum
- Albany Institute of History and Art has a couple of different events
- So does the New York State Museum
- Structure and language of comics with Todd Dezago at Bethlehem Public Library