Camping was wonderful. I am exhausted. I’ll post details later. For now, we’ve got the week, and it’s not too exciting. June is a tough month, I think, because everyone with kids in school is going nutty with spring sports and dance recitals and music concerts and end-of-the-year stuff. The free summer concerts and activities haven’t begun yet.
Actually, an exception is the state park beaches. Come to think of it, that’s my official recommendation if you’re trying to figure out what to do with your toddler or preschooler. It’s hot, and if you go during the day now, it should be pretty mellow, because so many of the big kids are still in school. It may sound like a schlep, but believe me, it will feel like a vacation. Recruit friends. Better yet, carpool and everyone will have more fun for the ride. Here are some local state park beach suggestions:
- Thompsonâ€™s Lake State Park (west of Albany) — beach open Thursday to Monday
- Cherry Plain State Park (east of Albany) — beach open Wednesday to Sunday
- Grafton Lakes State Park (northeast of Albany) — beach open Friday to Tuesday
- Moreau Lake State Park (north of Albany)â€“- beach open every day — Here’s a post from our visit to Moreau.
I wanted to remind you of my Warm Weather’s Here page, which contains a round-up of warm-weather ideas and places to go.
And okay, okay. Here are links to some events as well:
- First Friday Hike at Albany Pine Bush
- A YEAR WITH FROG & TOAD at the Theatre Institute at Sage. Today’s is a show at 10 am, and there are a bunch of additional shows.
- 1st Friday Of Albany