Is everyone ready for a week off from school? My kids are excited for a holiday party and a general blow-off day at school tomorrow. I’ve done almost all of my shopping and fear that I simply must brave the post office tomorrow because I’ve been out of stamps for days and the outgoing mail is stacking up. I started to try to order the stamps online, and there was $1.25 delivery charge! Um, hello? You come to my house six days a week, people!
This week’s KidsOutAndAbout.com newsletter includes a discount code for reduced admission to see the Harlem Globetrotters in February–hey, that could make a great gift, right?Â Deb also suggests celebrating the Winter Solstice with Lightbulb Day.
- Free Ice Skating at the Rink at Empire State Plaza
- Melodies of Christmas Concert by Empire State Youth Orchestra and others at Proctors
- The Polar Express with Saratoga & North Creek Railroad
- 16th Annual Price Chopper Holiday Lights at Washington Park – incidentally, there’s a Living Social half-price deal
- ‘Tis the Season Planetarium Show @ miSci andÂ Model Trains @ miSci
- Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After at Times Union Center
- Marching Rams’ ‘Light Up the Sky’ with Greater Amsterdam School District
- Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles: 19th Annual Celebration
- Pre-School Story Hour with Pam at the Open Door Bookstore
- Parents Night Out at Tiny Tots Tea Room
- GE Kids in Free Fridays at CMOST
- Eagle Survey at Moreau Lake State Park
- Fun Nature Film, Craft, and Snack at the Office at Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park
- Winter Solstice Evening Hike at Albany Pine Bush Preserve & Discovery Center
- It’s a Wonderful Life on the big screen at The Palace Theatre
- Passeggiata (Stroll about) in Schenectady
- Â Casual Lesson Day at Kevin’s Swim School Come try out a class
- Â Lumberjack Log Jam at Gore Mountain-First Freestyle Event of the Season!
- Art for All at Albany Institute of History and Art — I got an email from a reader who visited last weekend and raved about her wonderful experience creating in the studio with her family during Art for All. If you’ve got a range of ages visiting this weekend, this is a great way to please Grandma and the little cousins. Also, it’s got a great gift shop.
- Welcome Winter at Albany Pine Bush Preserve & Discovery Center
- This looks dire, but it’s not. Many of the events that are happening for multiple days are happening on Sunday, too. There’s just not too much that’s Sunday only.