It’s another busy weekend for us–ice skating, dance classes, kid’s birthday party, my husband over-volunteering again, a meeting for me, miscellaneous.
Is anyone else feeling disoriented by the weather? There are blue skies and warm temperatures and little birds tweeting, and then it’s snowing again, and then it’s raining? It’s making me a little nutty, I tell you. Although I supposed that I should be thankful that my basement isn’t flooding and we still have power that I’m not on Snow Day #3 like my sister–just realized that I don’t want to jinx myself. Not that I believe in that sort of thing. Except, I do, kind of.
I would love to grace you with some clever prose, but the truth is that I haven’t taken a shower in almost 48 hours and I have to pick up J at her friend’s in, like, 20 minutes or so. So this post will be sacrificed for the comfort and hygiene of all who come into actual physical contact with me. On to the weekend line-up:
If you missed it, I just posted about children’s opera as well as other theater coming up this weekend. Also, don’t forget about the What About TODAY? list of events: just because they do it all the time doesn’t mean it ain’t fun.
- It’s Troy Night Out from 5-9 pm.
- East Greenbush Library has a Family Movie Night at 7 pm. It’s Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. It’s drop in & free.
- So sad! The Wilton Wildlife Preserve‘s Annual Moonlight Snowshoe has been cancelled.
- They’ll be playing with clay at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga from 9:30-10:30 am. It’s free with admission, but you’re supposed to pre-register.
- At Five Rivers, there’s a program called Who’s Under the Snow? at 10 am.
- At 10 am, there’s a Baker Trail Snowshoe Hike at Moreau Lake State Park.
- There’s an Animal Tracking Outing at Cherry Plain State Park at 10 am.
- There’s a Cabin Fever Story Break at the downtown Schenectady Public Library at 10:30 am. There’s also a Storytime at the Rotterdam branch at the same time.
- There’s a Lions and Lambs Storyhour at the Colonie Center Barnes & Noble at 11 am.
- At the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology, they’ll be experimenting with magnets at 1 pm. Pre-registration is required and it’s $2 for non-members.
- There’s an Alice in Wonderland Movie Premiere Party at Rotterdam Square Mall from 1-3 pm.
- Art for All is running from 1-4 pm at the Albany Institute of History & Art. It’s free with museum admission.
- At 2 pm there’s a Tracking for Kids program at Five Rivers.
- Nacre Dance Company is offering a free open rehearsal from 2-4 pm at the Universal Preservation Hall, 25 Washington Ave. in Saratoga Springs.
- There’s a Full Moon Snowshoe Hike at Grafton Lakes State Park at 7 pm. Pre-registration is required, and $5/person includes snowshoes.
- You can take a Snowshoe Walk at 10 am at Thacher Park. You can rent snowshoes for $5, but you should call to reserve them.
- The 2nd Annual Boys & Girls Club Be Great Walk is being held from 10 am to noon at the Rotterdam Square Mall.
- The music at the Schenectady Greenmarket this week is a children’s sing-a-long with Music Together teacher Terri Roben from 10 am to 2 pm.
- The Schenectady JCC has a Purim Community Festival from 10:30 am to 1 pm.
- You can Discover the Pine Bush at 1 pm. $2/person or $5/family, and you must pre-register.
- From 2-5 pm, members of the Bethlehem High School Jazz Band will be performing at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- There’s a musical Purim Celebration Klezmer Style at 2:30 pm at the downtown Schenectady Public Library.
- There’s a High School Festival at 4 pm at Troys Savings Bank Music Hall with Albany Pro Musica. Tickets are all $7/general admission. When I spoke with someone at Albany Pro Musica, she said that since there would be intervals between the various high school choirs’ performances, there’d be the opportunity to escape if kids lost interest.