Hey! We’re all exhausted from excessive cousin fun and sporting crispy noses in spite of 4 or 5 (or more) sunscreen applications today. The week for us: more of the same. The week for you? Actually, there’s quite a bit happening:
Monday, June 28th
- From 10 am to 4:30 pm, it’s a Kickoff for Summer Party at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga.
- From 10 am to 11 am, Sylvan Learning Centers in Clifton Park is hosting a free Kids Can Cook Seminar. Register online.
- At 1 pm, Andy the Music Man will be performing at the Ballston Spa Town Hall.
- At 2 pm at the Glenville or Mont Pleasant Branch Libraries, kids in grades 1-5 are invited drop in to the summer kick-off program Make a Splash.
- At 6 pm, the Glens Falls High School Band will be performing at the Crandall Park Band Shell.
- At 7 pm, the Colonie Town Band is playing outside at Beltrone Living Center, 6 Winners Circle, Albany.
Tuesday, June 29th
- 10 am free movies! At Bowtie this week it’s Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeaquel, for Regal Cinemas today it’s Charlotte’s Web at Crossgates and Madagascar 2 at Clifton Park.
- At 10:30 am, Andy the Music Man will be performing at the main Schenectady Public Library. It’s a drop-in program.
- There are a ton of afternoon kick-off celebrations of various branches of the Schenectady Library for elementary school kids, including events at Niskayuna, Duane, Rotterdam, & Hamilton Hill.
- At 2 pm, they’re kicking off the Teen Summer Reading Club for grades 6-11 at the Duane Branch Library. Today’s theme is Zombie Fest.
- There’s a Family Story Time at 6:30 pm at the Niskayuna Branch Library. It’s a drop-in, and pajamas are welcome.
- At 7 pm at the Guilderland Public Library, they’re kicking off summer reading with an Uncle Brother concert. Tickets required.
- At 7:30 pm, go on a Firefly Watch at Five Rivers.
Wednesday, June 30th
- At 10 am, kids in grades 1-5 are invited drop in to the summer kick-off program Make a Splash at the Quaker Street Branch.
- 10 am free movies! At Bowtie this week it’s Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeaquel, for Regal Cinemas today it’s Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron at Crossgates and Planet 51 at Clifton Park.
- At 11 am, the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library is hosting Bubble Trouble, a program for kids who’ll be entering kindergarten in the fall. No registration is required.
- From 1-5 pm, there are games for teens at the Guilderland Public Library.
- At 2 pm, they’re kicking off the Teen Summer Reading Club for grades 6-11 at the Quaker Street Branch. Today’s theme is Game Day.
- It’s gospel music for Rockin’ on the River in Troy at 5 pm.
- At 7 pm, there will be a Drum & Bugle Corps competition at East Field in Glens Falls.
Thursday, July 1st
- There’s an all-day Red Cross Babysitting Course that starts at 9:30 am at Schenectady Central Library. Ages 11 and up, and you must pre-register.
- 10 am free movie! I meant to double check this–it appears that the Crossgates Regal Cinemas has an additional movie today, but I’m not calling them from vacation–if someone does and wants to fill us all in via comments, that would be a nice favor.
- From 10 am to noon, kids 2 to 10 can learn about Bountiful Bugs at Dyken Pond. $3/child or $6/family.
- At 10:15 am, they’re showing Preschool Movies at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.
- From 2-3 pm it’s Artrageous at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. For kids in grades K-4.
- At 2 pm, elementary-school kids can study Pond Organisms at the Duane Branch Library.
- At 3 pm, drop in for crafts for all ages at the Hamilton Hill Branch Library.
- The Gin Blossoms are playing for Alive at Five in Albany.
- The Sand Lake Kiwanis Summerfest kicks off tonight with amusement park rides opening in the evening (this was on their tentative schedule; you might want to double check).
- The Ballston Spa Community Band is playing at 6 pm at Wiswall Park as part of their Summer Concerts in the Park series.
- It’s Lego Night at 7 pm at the Mohawk Commons Barnes & Noble.
Friday, July 2nd
- Local residents will be admitted free to the Albany Institute of History & Art on Fridays all through July and August.
- There’s Stretching with Stuffee at 10 am at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga.
- At 10:30 am, there are Wiggly Water Wonders at the Scotia Public Library–suitable for families.
- At 10:30 am, the Mac-Haydn Theatre will be showing Cinderella. This is a bit of a drive, but we’ve gone several times. There’s a school with playground nearby, so we usually bring a picnic lunch for afterwards.
- The Sand Lake Kiwanis Summerfest continues with amusement park rides opening at 11 am and continuing into the evening.
- At noon there’s a concert in front of the Albany Public Library as part of the Acoustic Sidewalk Concert Series.
- At noon, take a hike at Albany Pine Bush and look for Blue Karner butterflies.
- It’s First Friday in Albany from 5-9 pm.
- It’s First Friday in Ballston Spa from 6-9 pm.