See this bunny? She’s approximately the size of a three-year-old. My 20-year-old boyfriend, Cute W, carried her through the airport to greet me when I returned to college from spring break with my family. My children have offered me many adorable moments, but for adorable-with-a-side-of-swoon, it’s difficult to beat a blondie with goo-goo eyes and an enormous pink bunny.
Ahem! Where was I? Oh, yes. Here’s what I found for Easter festivities. Please add any others that you hear about in the comments.
Saturday, April 9th
- At Goold Orchard, there’s breakfast with the Easter Bunny from 9 am to noon. You’re supposed to call for reservations. $8/adult, $5/kids 5 to 11. This is on Sunday, too.
Sunday, April 10th
From 8:30 am until noon, have Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. It’s an all-you-can-eat buffet, and admission is $7/adult, $4 kids 6-10, 5 and under free. Proceeds to go to local charities.For the life of me I can’t remember where this is, and I couldn’t figure it out. Have I mentioned that I’ve been sick? If you know what this event is, please tell me so that I can update it.
- Schauber Stables in Ballston Lake has a free Easter Egg Hunt, with different shifts depending on the participant’s age. A few eggs will contain a free pony ride or riding lesson.
- At Goold Orchard, there’s breakfast with the Easter Bunny from 9 am to noon. You’re supposed to call for reservations. $8/adult, $5/kids 5 to 11. This was on Saturday, too.
Friday, April 15th
- Tumbling Tykes in Latham is having an Easter Party from 3:30-4:15 pm for children under 2, and4:30-5:45 pm and 6:15-7:30 pm for all ages. Easter Bunny, activities, and a snack. $10/non-member.
Saturday, April 16th:
- The Crossings has an Easter Egg Hunt with Mr. & Mrs. Bunny from 10 am to noon. The Easter Egg Hunt starts promptly at 10 am, and folks who’ve gone say the eggs disappear quickly. Crafts and snacks, too.
- At 10 am, the Annual City of Cohoes Easter Egg Hunt will be held at George Street Park. The Easter Bunny will be there for photo ops.
- Faddegon’s Nursery has an Easter Egg Hunt from 10 am to 3 pm. This event isn’t listed on the website, but I called to check in.
- B95 has their Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Clifton Park Center. Easter egg hunts run from 11 am to 1 pm, divided by age group, with plenty of other activities as well. A friend who’s been to lots of area events says it’s well-run and one of her favorites.
- From 12-3 pm, Sloppy Kisses in Saratoga Springs will have Easter pictures and a Canine Easter Egg Hunt.
- The Malta Community Center is having an Eggstravaganza Egg Hunt from 10-11 am today, but pre-registration is required (it can be done online) by April 8th. It’s $6/resident, $7/non-resident.
Sunday, April 17th
- Sloppy Kisses will have a special doggy celebration from 11 am to 2 pm at Clifton Park Center.
- Faddegon’s Nursery has an Open House from 11 am to 4 pm. There are door prizes, refreshments, and the Easter Bunny. A friend who tries to go every year says that it’s great and very low-key, and it’s terrific for pictures because of all of the beautiful flowers. This event isn’t listed on the website, but I called to check in.
- The Helderberg Kiwanis Maple Festival runs at the Knox Fire House from 11 am to 3 pm. $8/adult, $5/kids 6-12, kids 5 and under are free. Pancakes, Easter egg hunt at 2 pm, pony rides, and more.
- Jonesville Fire Department (Clifton Park) is holding their annual Easter party from 12:30 to 2 pm. Easter Bunny, light refreshments, and fire truck rides.
- The Saratoga Jaycees are sponsoring an Hop Out Hunger Easter Egg Hunt from 2-4 pm. Please bring non-perishable food or monetary donation for the local food bank.
Wednesday, April 20th
- At Ten Broeck Mansion, they’ll be making Tie-Dyed Easter Eggs. It’s billed as a family-friendly workshop, although young kids will need help. It’s $10/person, and pre-paid reservations are due by the 18th.
Friday, April 22nd
- In Niskayuna, they’ll have their Easter “Parade” on Friday, April 2nd, at 10 am at the Town Hall.
Saturday, April 23rd
- The Twin Bridges Rotary will have a Breakfast with the Easter Bunny including three hunts, photo ops, and other activities. It’s from 8:30 am to noon at the Elks Club on McElroy Road, and it’s $6/adult, $3/kids 6-12, kids 5 and under free.
- Joyful Jumpers has a free community Easter Egg Hunt from 10:30-noon. Please call Cindy to pre-register at 396-7885 by April 16th.
- Afrim’s in Colonie and The Children’s Guide will have an Easter Egg Hunt from 12-2 pm. $3/child.
The Times Union Your Day Blog has more Easter events, too.