Phew! M took a sudden turn for the perky somewhere between dinner and bedtime last night. She woke up feeling fabulous, so thanks for all the healthy karma!
Plenty of places have opened their strawberry fields for picking. Here’s my post on Berry Picking from last year if you’re interested. And here’s what else is going on this weekend:
- On both Saturday & Sunday from 1-3 pm, there’s a workshop on Art in 3-D at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. It’s free with admission or for folks participating in Saratoga Arts Fest.
- Saratoga Children’s Theatre is presenting Guys and Dolls Jr. as part of Saratoga Arts Fest.
- On Friday and Saturday it’s Polish Fest in Latham. Polka, activities, food.
Friday, June 10th:
- At 4:30 pm, there’s a Tale of Peter Rabbit Puppet Show at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. It’s free with admission or for folks participating in Saratoga Arts Fest.
- There’s a free Yoga for Kids class in Central Park next to the Rose Garden from 5:30-6:30 pm. Best for kids ages 5-10.
Saturday, June 11th:
- Rhythm on the Ridge kicks off at 10 am and continues all day at Maple Ski Ridge in Rotterdam. There’s even camping available and a pancake breakfast on Sunday. It’s $15/adult, kids 12 and under free, and bring along donations for the regional food bank.
- From 10 am to 4 pm there’s a Sheep and Wool Gathering at Thacher Park.
- There’s Art on Lark from 10 am to 5 pm.
- There’s a free Family Health Fair from 10 am to 4 pm in Schenectady.
- Take a Kayak Trip at Moreau Lake from 10 am to 1 pm. Call to pre-register, and there are a limited number of kayaks to rent.
- Go on a Whimsical Wildflower Walk at the Albany Pine Bush from 10:30 am to noon. Pre-register; it’s $3/person, $5/family.
- At 11 am, the Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs is hosting a Circus Arts Performance and Workshop and a Create Your Own Pizza event as part of Saratoga Arts Fest.
- At 12:30 pm, the Saratoga City Ballet is presenting Little Red Riding Hood at Skidmore as part of Saratoga Arts Fest.
- From 1-3 pm, it’s Trash to Treasure at the New York State Museum.
- The Albany All Stars have a roller derby bout at 7 pm.
Sunday, June 12th:
- Indian Ladder Farms is having a Local Food Festival from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Learn to Cast from 11 am to noon at Moreau Lake.
- At noon, it’s the Capital Pride Parade followed by family-friendly activities in Washington Park.
- Kids 5 and up can make small hot air balloons as part of Up in the Air at 1 pm at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. Pre-register; it’s $2/non-member.
- Discover the Albany Pine Bush at 1 pm. Pre-register; it’s $3/person, $5/family.
- At 2 pm, Breathing Room in Delmar is hosting a Family Kirtan Concert of music and meditation. Suggested donation $15/adult, $7.50/child, 3 and under free.