Hey. We’re in Washington, DC. Yes, it’s a little bit too much travel too quickly, but it couldn’t be avoided. Hence my tardy post. Also, perhaps some slacking tomorrow.
My children were keeping me humble today. Four actual quotes, all today:
- M: “What’s that on your shirt?” [answer: streaks of deodorant]
- M: “What’s that on your chin?” [answer: a pimple, and thanks for noticing]
- J: “Mommy! You’re supposed to say excuse me when you toot!”
- J: “Mommy, I’ve noticed that since we came back from Lake Placid, there are a lot of cobwebs around here.”
Ah, aren’t they adorable? At least they don’t read and comment on the blog!
M’s doctor’s appointment went better than I feared and not as well as I’d hoped. She’s healing nicely and is cleared to go swimming, while wearing water shoes, starting Monday. I’m anticipating a chilly, rainy day on Monday.
Here’s what I’ve found for this weekend:
- There are Valleycats games each night.
- It’s Cherry Plain State Park’s Campers’ Weekend.
- The Schenectady Museum has a new Cowboy Astronomy Show.
- It’s the Shaker Summer Craft Fair in Albany.
- It’s Canal Days at Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site.
- Junior Olympics Track & Field Championships at RPI–see comment below.
Saturday, July 9th:
- They’re doing Geocaching for Beginners at Max Shaul State Park from 10 am to noon.
- Schauber Stables is having a Family Fun Day from 10 am to 3:30 pm.
- From 11 am to 4 pm it’s the Wags and Whiskers Family Fun Fair at Mabee Farm in Schenectady.
- The Town of Wilton is having a Community Day & Parkfest beginning at 11 am in Gavin Park.
- The Delaware Branch of the Albany Public Library is having a Summerfest–it’s listed as all day, but it sounds like the main event is 1-3 pm.
- At 1 pm it’s Twinkle, Twinkle, What’s That Star? at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. This program’s for ages 4 and up. Pre-register; it’s $2/non-member.
- There’s a free Andy the Music Man Concert at 2 pm at Henry Hudson Park in Selkirk.
- The All-Paul Show is playing at 7 pm at Freedom Park in Scotia.
Sunday, July 10th:
- The McKrells are playing in the Town of North Greenbush‘s Gazebo at 6 pm.
- It’s Contra Dancing Night at 7 pm at Freedom Park in Scotia.
- There’s a folk concert at 7 pm at Clifton Commons Park (at this link it’s page 12 of 24).