Ugh, I was putting much of this together in front of the Emmys, and I thought that it was pretty painful to watch for the most part. Except that I did really like watching Melissa McCarthy get her tiara. I’m still not over Gilmore Girls.
Here’s what I’ve found for this week:
- The Adirondack Balloon Festival begins on Thursday and continues through the weekend.
- Cats is playing at Cohoes Music Hall beginning on Thursday and through the weekend. Tickets range from $25 to $35.
Monday, September 19th:
- At the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library, they’re celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day with several movies throughout the day.
- At 3:30 pm, preschoolers can celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day at Bethlehem Public Library.
Tuesday, September 20th:
- At Pottery Barn Kids you’re invited to Read Along with Curious George at 10 am.
- From 11 am to 1 pm, take a Moreau Overlook Hike at Moreau.
- From 2-3 pm at Saratoga Spa State Park, it’s Preschool Naturalists. Call to register.
- Hola La is having a free demo class at 4:30 pm for 2-5 year olds at Hillside Media Center in Niskayuna. Contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Wednesday, September 21st:
- From 9:30-10:30 am, it’s My Parent and Me Preschool Science Class at the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. This is part of a 5-week session for 2- to 5-year-olds.
- At 9:30 am, there’s a Slingbabies meeting at Guilderland Library.
- Enjoy a Morning at the Museum at 10 am at the Rensselaer County Historical Society. Story time and a hands-on activity for preschoolers. $5/child, adults free.
- The New Jersey Devils and the New York Rangers are playing pre-season hockey at 7 pm at the Times Union Center. Tickets are $17.50 and up.
Thursday, September 22nd:
- Take a family-friendly hike starting at 9:45 am.
- Take a Mud Pond Hike from 10 am to 12:30 pm at Moreau.
- At 10:30 am, the Bethlehem Public Library is doing On My Own, a program for preschoolers while parents browse on their own. This occurs other days as a regularly scheduled event as well.
- Drop in for some Preschool Movies at 10:30 am at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.
- From 11 am until 1 pm, the downtown Albany Public Library is sponsoring a big health fair.
- The Bethlehem Public Library is hosting a 6:30 pm Children’s Circle, a story time designed with special-needs kids in mind.
- Tom Chapin is doing a free, family-friendly concert at 7 pm. It’s on Skidmore‘s campus, but it’s open to the public.
Friday, September 23rd: