You missed the fun at our house this afternoon. J put on a Lady Gaga fashion show. I don’t know exactly where this came from. Yes, we do listen to her sometimes, but they haven’t had that much exposure. For example, when the fashion show was announced, I shouted, “Okay, but no meat dresses, please!” and they had no idea what I was talking about. Nevertheless, the impression was still pretty accurate. Accessories included tattoos, veils, and a snake. It was hilarious. I took pictures. Actually, first I asked if I could take pictures, and I was granted permission, and then I asked if I could put them on the blog, and she said no. Sorry, folks.
Then M said, “Oh, wait! I’m going to take pictures with my camera, too!” That was a no-brainer. No. No, no, no. M pouted and I said, “Even if you don’t think so now, it will be too tempting later. You’ll want to show your friends and laugh about it.” M paused for a moment, then said, “Yeah, that’s probably wise, Mom.”
Adorable photos of the 7-year-old and the 9-year-old admits I’m right? Now that’s a good afternoon.
Before we get to this weekend, here are a couple of other links for you:
- This week’s KidsOutAndAbout.com newsletter
- A list of events for February break
- A list of camps for February break
Here’s what’s going on this weekend. Remember, the dates will take you to a more complete list of all the events on KidsOutAndAbout.com, and then I picked out a few things just because they seemed interesting for one reason or another:
- The Flurry – A Festival of Traditional Music and Dancing starts tonight and continues all weekend.
- They’re doing the Saturday Star Shows at Henry Hudson Planetarium. This has got a nice little museum, and I’ve heard that the star shows are great.
- It’s also Family Fun Day at the New York State Museum.
- At lunchtime, it’s the Mac-n-Cheese Bowl at the Albany Marriott to benefit the Regional Food Bank of NENY
- Scooby Doo will be at the Albany Devils vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins game.
- Birding Skills and the “Great Backyard Bird Count” at Thacher Nature Center
- It’s your last chance for The Pirates of Penzance at the Cohoes Music Hall.