Happy Mother’s Day!
Christy Turlington’s organization Every Mother Counts is asking mothers toÂ raise awareness about maternal health issues by disappearing for Mother’s Day. I did not disappear. But I do think that you should be aware of the issue of global maternal health.
The New York Times Motherlode blog had a recent post about a site for dying mothers to help them cope with taking care of their family. If you had a crappy Mother’s Day, this is your antidote. You’ll weep with gratitude to be your boring old mostly-healthy self.
Classic links from Mother’s Days (and other posts) past include:
- Steve McCurryâ€™s beautiful photography blog
- For my first Capital District Fun Mother’s Day I offered up theÂ Motherâ€™s Day Weep-Fest Triple Threat.
- I wrote The Mother’s Day Gift, about our tree swing.
- Motherlode’sÂ little essay from Anna Quindlen in which she tells us that the best is yet to come.
Here’s what’s happening this week:
All Week/Multiple Days
- 2012 Baby Animal Days at Indian Ladder Farms
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast at Proctors Theater
- Hairspray at Schenectady Light Opera Company
- St. Sophia’s 2012 Greek Festival