Hey! Gorgeous weekend, huh? I was a little bummed that I’d committed all of Saturdays indoors at the Albany Children’s Book Festival, but it was a fun day. People associated with kids’ books–writers, illustrators, or fans–are just delightful. And thank you to those of you who stopped by to say hi. I’ve been feeling not-too-great all weekend, so I didn’t do a terrific job of playing outside today, either. J had a birthday party this afternoon at Guptill’s. She spent the morning playing outside and “helping” spread our neighbors’ mulch, but the four-hour party beat her. She arrived home feeling sick. Apparently she was having fun for most of the party, until the end, when her headache got worse. “And,” she pointed out, “jumping around in the loud music with blinking lights isn’t very good for a headache.” With J feeling poorly, I stayed home with her and missed M’s soccer game, which was especially a bummer because the weather was gorgeous and M and her teammates played well.
This week is supposed to be “screen-free” week, but if J’s going to be home sick, I’m not making any promises.
Here’s what else is going on this week:
- OPEN BOUNCE!!! at Afrim’s Sports. You’ll Love Our Bounce Zone… Starting May 1st, 2013 our bounce hours will be on Tuesday and Friday Nights from 4:30-8:00pm (Ages 3-9 ONLY)
- Freihofer’s Run for Women 5k REGISTRATION REMINDER at Freihofer’s Run for Women. Register for the 5K Run for Women, the Junior 3K, or the Kids’ Run online today
- Free Go-Kart Rides! at FunPlex Fun Park. Funplex Funpark proudly celebrates the unveiling of our newly paved go-kart track with BUY ONE GET ONE FREE GO-KART RIDES! Race your family and friends and have a blast! Visit www.funplexfunpark.com to print coupon. (Additional coupons available)
- Les Misérables at Proctors Theatre at Proctors Theater. April 30 – May 5, 2013. Cameron Mackintosh presents a brand new 25th anniversary production of Boublil & Schönberg’s legendary musical, Les Misérables, with glorious new staging and dazzlingly reimagined scenery.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents “Dragons” at Group offers at the Times Union Center. Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents “Dragons” May 2nd – May 5th Discount prices available now through 4/26 for groups of 15+
- Got Kids? Sale at Got Kids? Sale. Children’s consignment sale May 2-4, 2013 at Frear Park Ice Rink in Troy, NY
Monday, April 29th:
- Monday, April 29: Preschool Pioneers at Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park. This monthly program is for our youngest explorers (ages 3-6 years old).
- Monday, April 29: Free Go-Kart Rides! at FunPlex Fun Park. Funplex Funpark proudly celebrates the unveiling of our newly paved go-kart track with BUY ONE GET ONE FREE GO-KART RIDES! Race your family and friends and have a blast! Visit www.funplexfunpark.com to print coupon. (Additional coupons available)
- Monday, April 29: Messy Monday at The Wonder Room. Every Monday we are open from 9am-3pm – and we always have something extra messy out on Mondays! Come play with us!
- Monday, April 29: Horseback Riding for Kids at Niskayuna Central School District. Get into the saddle at New Horizon Stables!
- Monday, April 29: Grown-up Program: Make a Busy Bag! at The Wonder Room. Join us and make a set of busy bags for the child(ren) in your life.
Tuesday, April 30th:
- Tuesday, April 30: Math Lab at The Wonder Room. Free with admission!
- Tuesday, April 30: Tuesday for Tots at The Children’s Museum at Saratoga at The Children’s Museum at Saratoga. A special time for our littlest visitors. Play dough, arts & crafts and building materials are all a part of this weekly theme-based program.
- Tuesday, April 30: Me, the Superhero- Draw with Mary Beth Dolan at Schenectady County Public Library. Do you like to draw or doodle? Turn your work into comic book art at this interactive program with a graphic artist. Register by calling 388-4540 starting April 16.
Wednesday, May 1st:
- Wednesday, May 1: Parent/Child Craft Nights at Niskayuna Central School District. Enjoy some one-on-one time with your child with this series of five craft nights!
- Wednesday, May 1: May Meeting with Tri-County Mothers of Twins. Members monthly meeting
- Wednesday, May 1: Storytime at Altamont Free Library. All ages drop-in storytime with songs, rhymes, stories and a craft. Followed by free play.
- Wednesday, May 1: Family Storytime at the Troy Public Library at Troy Public Library. Children Ages 5 and under, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to join us for stories, rhymes, coloring, and simple crafts!
- Wednesday, May 1: Open House- Clifton Park Nursery School – May 1, 3:30pm-5:30pm at Clifton Park Nursery School. Find out more about our programs for 2, 3 & 4 year olds. Flexible classes offered for 1, 2, 3 or 4 times weekly.
Thursday, May 2nd:
- Thursday, May 2: Family Storytime at East Greenbush Community Library.
- Thursday, May 2: Yoga for Kids at Niskayuna Central School District. Help your kids relax after a busy day! Perfect timing — just before dinner….
- Thursday, May 2: Painting Just For Kids at Niskayuna Central School District. Attention all artists! If you love to draw or paint, this class is for you!
Friday, May 3rd:
- Friday, May 3: First Friday Hike: April Showers Bring May Flowers at Albany Pine Bush Preserve & Discovery Center. The Earth has awoken and spring is here! One of the colorful signs is the flowers that are blooming. Join us for a 1.0 mile hike as we explore some of the flora that is budding here in the Pine Bush.
- Friday, May 3: Pre-School Story Hour with Pam at the Open Door Bookstore at Open Door Bookstore. Enjoy songs & stories every Friday with Pam!
- Friday, May 3: L is for Lizard at The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology (CNSE CMOST). Join us as we investigate the world of lizards in this fun preschool workshop. Children will meet a lizard, do various movement activities, create a lizard craft to take home and read a story.
- Friday, May 3: Slumber Party for Girls at Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers’ Museum at Fenimore Art Museum. History and art come alive as girls age 7 to 12 work towards Girl Scout badges and have lots of sleepover fun, including a flashlight tour of the Fenimore Art Museum.
- Friday, May 3: Parent’s Night Out! at My Place to Play. On the first Friday of every month, drop the kids off for some wholesome fun, while you get a night out!
- Friday, May 3: Aquarium Adventures at Berkshire Museum.