Snow? SNOW!?! Are you freakin’ kidding me? I am so not ready for this.
Okay, plenty going on this weekend. Almost all of it Halloween-y. In fact, I just went ahead and went through Monday so we’d have it all in one place. If there’s something I didn’t catch, please feel free to add it into the comments.
For those of you who missed it, here’s this week’s Kids Out and About newsletter.
Here’s what I’ve found:
- The Schenectady Theater for Children is doing a Haunted House at Rotterdam Square Mall. It’s “very scary” on Friday & Saturday nights, or “kid friendly” during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s $5/adult, $3/child.
- The Not So Common Players are presenting Zombie Prom at Shen High School East Little Theater. All performances are free.
- Ten Broeck is a Haunted Mansion this weekend. Friday & Saturday night are supposed to be very scary, with more kid-friendly activities on Sunday afternoon.
Evening of Friday, October 28th:
- At 4:15 pm, it’s the annual Halloween Parade at Clifton Common Park.
- It’s a family movie night at Ballston Spa Public Library at 6:30 pm. They’re showing Winnie the Pooh.
- Go on a Star Watch at Grafton Lakes at 6:30 pm.
- There’s a Witch Walk at 6:30 pm in Ballston Spa. Participating witches pay $20, but sounds like fun to just watch.
- At 6:30 pm, Bethlehem Public Library is hosting a Halloween Bash for grades 6 to 12.
- From 6:30-8 pm at Albany Pine Bush, go on a Halloween Howl Prowl. $3/person, $5/family. It’s tomorrow, too.
Saturday, October 29th:
- At 10 am it’s Family Fun: All About Bats at Five Rivers. Call to register.
- It’s Play for All from 10 am to 5 pm at the Albany Institute of History & Art.
- At 10:15 am, it’s the annual Howl-o-ween Canine Costume Parade in Saratoga Springs.
- It’s Time for Tales at 11 am at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- From 11 am until 4 pm, it’s The Monster Mash and Bash at the New York State Museum. Wear your costume!
- At 11 am, onedotzero is showing Sprites at EMPAC in Rensselaer. $6/adult, kids in free with an adult ticket.
- It’s the Children’s Guide’s 3rd Annual Halloween Bash at Afrim’s from 11 am to 2 pm. $4/child.
- From noon to 2 pm at Mine Kill State Park, celebrate fall with a hayride, apple-bobbing and other activities. It’s free, but they’ll be taking donations for Schoharie County farmers.
- Take a Potter Point Hike from 1-3 pm at Moreau Lake. $2/adult, $1/child.
- From 1-3 pm it’s a Halloween Spooktacular with Radio Disney at Colonie Center Mall.
- It’s the First Annual Mamatoga Monster Bash from 1-4 pm at Irish Times Pub & Restaurant. Tickets are $20/adult ahead of time, $25/adult at the door, and kids are free, and it’s to benefit the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Mamatoga offers listings of things to do in Saratoga, so if you’re a bit north of me, you should check them out.
- From 2-4 pm, there’s a Halloween Open House at Five Rivers.
- It’s Boo to You: Trick or Treating in Glens Falls from 2-4 pm. Entertainment, kids’ activities, and flashlights distributed to kids.
- From 3:30-9 pm, there’s a Falling Leaves Festival at Kelley Park in Ballston Spa.
- It’s Trick or Treat Street from 4-7:30 pm at Guilderland High School.
- Go on a Trick or Treat Nature Trail at Grafton Lakes State Park from 5:30-7:30 pm. For ages 5-10. $2/person.
- From 6-8 pm, it’s Halloween in the Hills at Albany Public Library‘s Arbor Hill/West Hills branch. For elementary schoolers and their families, the party will have dancing with a DJ, a magician, snacks, crafts, and a costume contest.
- From 6:30-8 pm at Albany Pine Bush, go on a Halloween Howl Prowl. $3/person, $5/family.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Albany wants you to Thrill the 518. Participate in a world-record attempt of most people dancing thriller simultaneously. The world-record attempt will be at 10 pm. Haunted house, block party, and dance lessons. Free. Meanwhile, they’re also doing this at the National Museum of Dance.
Sunday, October 30th:
- From noon to 4 pm, it’s Rollarama’s Creepy Crawly Halloween Party. $6/admission, $3/skate rental.
- Go on a (costumed) Family Fun Hike at 1 pm at Albany Pine Bush.
- There’s a Halloween Sculpture Family Program at the Hyde Collection between 1 & 3 pm.
- From 3-4 pm, there’s a Halloween Parade in Niskayuna. Cider donuts & glow sticks for the kids. Please bring a canned good to donate.
Halloween–Monday, October 31st:
- From 3-6 pm, it’s Mall-o-ween with Radio Disney at Crossgates Mall.
- You can do Trick-or-Treating from 3-7 pm at Clifton Park Center.
- There’s Trick-or-Treating at Rotterdam Square Mall from 5-7 pm.
- From 6-7:30 pm, it’s a Cemetery Walk with Ghost Stories at Grafton Lakes State Park. $2/person.