So, there’s plenty to do, plus some more nice weather later this week. Currently I’m staying cool by sitting around with wet hair and eating yummy frozen mangoes. I’m ready for the thunder storm already! Oh–if you refresh a few times you might see a new picture of the girls and me at the Schenectady’s Central Park Rose garden–no roses yet, but the girls still love the fountains and the bridge and all. Did I already mention that Tiny Tots has reopened? It has.
If you are new to the blog, let me alert you to What About TODAY?, which has lots of regularly-scheduled events. Usually, if it’s listed there, I don’t add it to a blog post as well–only if it’s, say, just a once-a-month thing. Also, I would truly appreciate it if you’d send my link to your friends and/or let them know about me via Facebook. Hey, they might even appreciate it, too!
So, here’s what I’ve found:
At William K. Sanford Library this week, kids can ask for supplies to make a Mother’s Day Craft at the Youth Services Desk.
Monday, May 3rd
- It’s Hooray for Mom! at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library at 6:30 pm. A drop-in program for kids 3-8. They’ll make a craft for Mom.
- At 7 pm it’s Pajamarama at the Bethlehem Public Library. For kids 6 and under and their families.
Tuesday, May 4th
- Take a Spring Overlook Hike at Moreau Lake State Park at 1 pm.
- At 1:30 pm, there’s a Mother’s Day Drop-in Storytime at William K. Sanford Library (there’s one for each day, Tuesday to Thursday, at different times).
- May the 4th Be With You at 7 pm at the Bethlehem Public Library. Celebrate Star Wars Day (uhhhh Star Wars Day? Really? Apparently.) by watching a movie and making a light saber. Sign up is required.
Wednesday, May 5th
- Can you manage to get yourself out of the house and to the Albany Pine Bush by 7:30 am? If so, there’s a program on Migratory Birds. $2/person, $5/family, and you can register online.
- The Children’s Museum at Saratoga is hosting a Picnic Party in Congress Park. It’s $15/non-member, and pre-registration and pre-payment are required.
- There’s a Spring Open House at the Schenectady County Horticulture Education Center in Central Park from 3-7 pm.
- At 4 pm, there’s an American Girl: Molly event at Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library. You have to pre-register, but at the moment there are still openings. You must be in grade 2 or 3.
- At 6 pm, there’s a Mother’s Day Drop-in Storytime at William K. Sanford Library (there’s one for each day, Tuesday to Thursday, at different times).
- At 7 pm, there’s a free Choir Concert at the RPI Chapel and Cultural Center.
Thursday, May 6th
- Tom Chapin is performing at Proctors Theatre at 10 am and 7 pm today. I’ve actually been to one of his concerts. . . lots of audience participation.
- At 10 am, there’s a Mother’s Day Drop-in Storytime at William K. Sanford Library (there’s one for each day, Tuesday to Thursday, at different times).
- There’s a drop-in Family Storytime at 11 am at the East Greenbush Public Library.
- At 6:30 pm there’s a meeting of Tweens and Parents Together Book Discussion Group at Guilderland Public Library. They’re open to new members.
- It’s Lego Night at the Niskayuna Barnes & Noble at 7 pm.
- There’s a Yoga Storytime at 7 pm at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus will be at the Times Union starting tonight and continuing through the weekend.
Friday, May 7th
- They’re kicking off the Tulip Festival in downtown Albany with a guided tulip tour at 11 am, carillon concert at 11:30 am, and the street-scrubbing at noon.
- It’ a first Friday hike at noon at the Albany Pine Bush. Free.
- From 1-3 pm, there’s a program called Whistling Teakettle: Songs from our History by folksinger/educator Cathy McGrath at the Bethlehem Public Library.
- It’s First Friday Albany from 5-9 pm.
- It’s First Friday in Ballston Spa from 6-9 pm.
- It’s Tween Night Out from 7-9 pm at William K. Sanford Library. Snacks, videogames, pizza–plan to bring $2. For kids in grades 5-8.
- Go on a Frog Watch at Five Rivers at 7 pm.
- The Brown School is performing Singin’ in the Rain at 7:30 tonight and Saturday night, $5/person.
- At 7:30 pm, there’s a free Trumpet and Organ Concert at the Saratoga Spring United Methodist Church. It’s free.
- The movie Babies premieres tonight! I so want to see this–anybody else? I think that the only place locally that it’s showing is at the Spectrum.
Have a good week, everybody!