Weekend’s over! After ranting on Friday and fretting on Saturday, we’re back to the weekly line up. There are also plenty of regularly scheduled events, and the weather’s looking pretty good, too. Yay.
- From 3-4 pm each day, kids can help make a commercial for the Rensselaer Public Library‘s summer reading programs.
Monday, May 17th
- At 11 am, the Bethlehem Public Library is having a Fancy Nancy Party. Sign-up is required, and it’s for pre-K kids with a parent.
- Have a Beaver Adventure at Moreau Lake State Park at 11 am.
- At 4:30 pm the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library will be showing AI: Artificial Intelligence as part of their free drop-in Teen Screen for kids in 6th grade and up.
Tuesday, May 18th
- It’s Music Morning at 10 am at the Bethlehem Public Library. It’s for all ages.
- At 10:30 there’s Shore Fishing at Moreau Lake State Park. Learn the basics of fishing–call for details.
- At noon, there’s a free Cello Concert at St. Paul’s Church in Troy.
- From 6 to 7:30 pm, there’s a Healthy Eating Workshop designed for girls 7 and older at the East Greenbush Library hosted by girl scouts. Albany Kid tells us all about it.
- Plant Sunflowers at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library garden as part of Family Storytime, and bring one home, too. It’s from 6-7 pm.
Wednesday, May 19th
- There’s a Luzerne Mountain Trail Hike at Moreau Lake State Park from 9 am to noon. It’s a new trail.
- It’s Katie’s Kitchen at 11 am OR 1 pm at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Ages 3-6, $15 for non-members includes admission for one child and one parent. This is on their calendar, but it’s no longer on their home page, so I’m wondering if they’re both full already?
- There’s a Teen Movie at 6:30 pm at the Bethlehem Public Library.
Thursday, May 20th
- At 7 pm, there’s a Sling Babies meeting at Bethlehem Public Library. Sign-up is required.
- The Mohawk Commons Barnes & Noble is hosting a Ranger’s Apprentice Book Club at 7 pm. It’s designed for 8- to 12-year-olds.
Friday, May 21st
- At 9 am at the Colonie Library, there’s a program about helping parents and students work effectively together with special education issues. Registration is required.
- There’s Stretching with Stuffee at 10 am at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Included with admission.
- The Bethlehem Public Library is hosting Kids on Bikes from 3-5 pm at the Green. Sign-up is required. They’ll discuss proper fit of helmets and bikes as well as other safety issues.
- At 5 pm, it’s the Acoustic Sidewalk Series at the New Scotland Branch Library.
- At the Saratoga Springs Barnes & Noble at 6:30 pm, there’s a gathering of the American Girls Club.
- Emma Willard School in Troy is hosting a free dance performance at 8 pm.