Man, oh man, was that a gorgeous holiday weekend or what?Â Â We went to Moreau Lake State Park today, which I’ll tell you about tomorrow.Â But here are some things going on this week:
Tuesday, June 1st:
- At 11 am, there’s a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Jerry Burrell Park in Schenectady.Â The playground was designed by community members and Union College Students–it’s called Project Skip.
- At 6 pm, there’s Music in the Park in the town of Schodack.
- It’s a 39 Clues Summer Reading Kick-off Party at 7 pm at theÂ Colonie Center or 6 pm at the Saratoga Springs Barnes & Noble.
- Curious George Live is at the Glens Falls Civic Center at 7 pm.Â Tickets range from $15 to $55.
- It’s Pajamarama at 7 pm at the Bethlehem Public Library.
Wednesday, June 2nd:
- Curious George Live is at the Glens Falls Civic Center at 10:30 am and 7 pm.Â Tickets range from $15 to $55.
- From 3:30-5 pm, 4th- through 8th-graders can participate in Books on Stage with staff from NYSTI at the Troy Public Library.
Thursday, June 3rd:
- The hiking group will be meeting at Christman Sanctuary in Duanesburg at 9:45 am.Â See the local hikes list for more information.
- At 5 pm, it’s Alive at Five at the Albany Waterfront Park.
- It’s the 2nd Annual Taste of the Y at the Greenbush Area YMCA from 6-8 pm.Â Restaurant samples, music, bounce house and other kids’ activities.Â Free.
- Students from Schenectady’s John Sayles School of Fine Arts will be doing a Pops Concert at the Music Haven Stage in Central Park at 7 pm.Â Â I’ve seen it listed elsewhere as 6:30 pm.Â Free.
- It’s Lego Night at 7 pm at the Mohawk Commons Barnes & Noble.
Friday, June 4th:
- There’s Stretching with Stuffee at 10 am at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga.
- At noon there’s a Spring Wildflower Hike at the Albany Pine Bush.
- At 1 pm, you can watch the Squeeze Play Accordian Band at Bethlehem Public Library.
- It’s First Friday in Albany from 5-9 pm.
- St. Basil’s in Troy is kicking off its Greek Festival at 5 pm tonight–it will last all weekend.
- It’s Ballston Spa First Friday from 6-9 pm.Â During the summer, this will include a family-oriented film at 9 pm in Wiswall Park.Â Tonight’s is Coraline.Â Personally, those crazy button-eyes creeped me out way too much in the preview, but maybeÂ some of you can handle it. . . .
- At 7 pm, the Guilderland Public Library will be showing Swiss Family Robinson.Â I’ve got to say:Â I love the Guilderland Public Library.Â It’s one of my favorites, and since I’ve been to programs at at least 6 or 8 different local libraries (because I am a wanton library whore), that’s saying something.Â But when I first heard that they were doing Friday night Disney movies, I kind of rolled my eyes.Â Like, we don’t have enough of the freakin’ Disney movies, right?Â So I was ever so pleased that they are kickin’ it old school with this one, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, and Treasure Island.Â Yeah, baby!Â And there will be popcorn.
- Steamer 10 Theatre opens The Good (& Bad) Faeries of Nottingham tonight at 7 pm.
- There’s an Alternative Prom from 7-11 pm for LGBT youth aged 13 to 19 at Revolution Hall in Troy.Â It’sÂ $10.
- Okay, it’s about an hour northeast of us, but perhaps worth the trip?Â The Cambridge Balloon Festival kicks off tonight with its first balloon launch and fireworks.Â Anyone ever gone to this?